Community Helltower strategy
From Team Fortress Wiki
|Community Helltower strategy|
|Map type||Payload Race|
|File name:|| |
|Release date:||October 29, 2013|
|Last updated:||November 6, 2015|
|Hazards:|| Pitfall, Pumpkin bombs,|
|Health Kits:||×4 • ×7 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×5 • ×5 • ×3|
This article is about Community Helltower strategy.
General Strategy (All Classes)
See also: Community Skeletons strategy
- This map retains most of the features of Hightower, so many general strategies that work there will also work here.
- Without the rollback zone and with the addition of the MONOCULUS spell, the Ramp room in Helltower is less defensible than it is in Hightower, but it can still be incredibly powerful.
- The Cliff House is now a lower shack that players can stand upon, allowing a unique firing platform that covers a large portion of the map.
- The room in the Cliff-House containing the large Health pack is opened up, allowing players to Knockback for an environmental kill.
- Magic Spells spawn in preselected locations whenever the witching hour occurs. Knowing when and where they will appear can allow you to grab them before other players.
- Rare Magic Spells are awarded to players that enter the Clocktower during the Witching Hour. Both teams will often stop capturing to rush the Clocktower and capture the spells. A smart player can camp the Clocktower or Cliff House to score some kills, weakening the enemy's abilities while providing their team cover.
- Helltower has added a new dropdown out of spawn. This allows teams that are being camped an opportunity to escape to an unexpected location
- The many new spells added offer new possibilities for movement. Players can teleport or jump using spells to contest soldiers and demos in areas they normally wouldn't be able to.
- The MONOCULUS spell is invincible and will aim for enemy Engineer buildings; use it to clear out entire nests with ease.
- Additionally, it provides great protection when on the lift.
- If you get the minify spell during the first few seconds of the witching hour, you will have enough time to go back to grab another spell. Use the minify spell, clear out any enemies on the bridge if you need to, and grab another rare spell and use your high mobility to wreak havoc on the enemy team.
- Upon successful completion of capturing the map, both teams are teleported to hell.
- The team that captures receives a significant health bonus, giving them a massive advantage. The building in the middle is also tilted towards the winning team, giving them easier access to the rare spell on it.
- Once the hell round starts, players from both teams often try to capture the Rare Magic Spell in the middle. You can camp this location to help get an early advantage. Another Rare Magic Spell can be found further out in the lava, on the way to the Bombinomicon.
- Beware of Pyros, as they can airblast you into lava, and can get many quick kills.
- Consider quickly changing your class or loadout before you're sent to Hell to suit the lack of respawning and short, fast-paced timeframe. For example, equip the Gunslinger rather than the Wrench, or change your class to a class you feel more comfortable that you can kill enemies with; such as Soldier or Scout instead of Spy or Sniper.
- The blast jump spell allows you to save a rocket jump and gain some health. Additionally, if performed during a rocket jump, you will still be in a state where you can still gain a critical hit from the Market Gardener, meaning you can use it to prolong your air time.
- Because Pyro lacks good long-range options, you can use the spells added in Helltower to attack enemies that escape from your short-range weaponry.
- Because of his slow speed, Heavy needs to be more careful on Helltower to not be hit by Pumpkin Bombs. The exploding pumpkins can take almost all your health in one hit, neutralizing your biggest advantage.
- Due to the removal of the rollback zones from the Ramp, stock Sentry Guns are much less effective on Helltower. Consider going Gunslinger to provide much faster and more powerful support, to respond to the more dynamic nature of the map.
- When the witching hour comes, you can snipe enemies attempting to grab spells. Beware that if you don't kill them, they will regenerate all their health.
- At the start of the match, the opposing team will always head for their Payload. This is a great opportunity to get a few backstabs, especially on slower classes.
- Crouch-jump on the barrels to get to the Sniper perch and get some backstabs. If you are using Your Eternal Reward, grab a disguise and head into the Engineer nest one room over.
- When in the Sniper perch, there will always be a Pyro or two who will check everybody. When you see a Pyro coming, Cloak before he sees you and hop down onto the lower levels. You can return to the perch or Engineer nest later.
- When either Payload is at the final stage, there will always be a Heavy who will use his Minigun to suppress the Payload from his team's perch. Cloak, head up to the perch, and kill him. Use Your Eternal Reward to blend in.
- When in the perch, some Engineers will set up a small hub for the Snipers, a hub that you must destroy. You have a few ways of doing this. If you have Your Eternal Reward equipped, backstab a Sniper to gain his disguise. You can use that for cover and take out the Engineer and his hub. If you are using the regular knife, stab and sap is the best method of killing off the Engineer. You can then take out the Snipers.
- The small alley under the tower itself is a popular Engineer spot. The losing team will usually put Teleporters there and the winning team will usually put Sentry Guns there. Use the drop section above the alley for a surprise attack. Be careful though, as a smart Engineer will probably stay with the buildings, knowing of the drop part. Plus, the small alley makes it hard to dodge attacks and hide.
- You can ambush people easily by jumping off the high tower onto the wooden bridge below you, and get some surprising back stabs. You can then run back up to the top of the tower, and repeat the process.
- With Engineers being so common, and Mini Sentry Guns, too, the Diamondback can be an effective option.