| Community Gullywash strategy
| Basic information
| Map type
|| Control Point
| File name:
| Map Info
|| Daylight, sunny
| Deep Water:
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×16 • ×4
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×10 • ×4
| Map Photos
This article is for learning how to play more effectively on Gullywash.
General Strategy (All Classes)
- The most powerful classes should be going for the Control points. This means Heavy, Soldier, Demoman, and Pyro.
- Beware of a Sentry Gun at the first control point. This room is enclosed and is a easy defense spot for Engineers. Have a Spy sap the sentry in there so it is easy to take out.
- The second and main Control points are two open areas for Snipers. Beware of being headshotted around these areas when capturing those Control points.
- Scouts in this map are useful to get Overtime on the Control Points if it is ever needed. To achieve this Scouts should use Bonk! Atomic Punch to get over to the control point first, then have it deactivate on the point. When over time is achieved, your team will have more time to capture the point.
- In the room where the first Control point is located at, a Scout should use Bonk! Atomic Punch to distract any Sentry Guns that may be in there. It is an enclosed area so the Scout should be able to distract it right away. When distracting it, be sure to not go outside of the Sentry Gun's range or the deactivation will run out and aim for the teammates that are attempting to destroy it.
- Soldier on this map is good and open for Rocket Jumping. Use Rocket Jumping to get around enemies or stomp on them using the Mantreads.
- Soldier should be used to destroy Engineer nests and capturing points. If its in the area where the last Control point is, the player should use the Beggar's Bazooka so this will allow the player to do more damage to the Sentry without taking as much damage going in and out of the range of it.
- In a mid fight, you should coordinate a bomb with your other Soldier to get a kill. Your ability to jump from the ground onto the point or their choke is very powerful.
- Pyro is really useful for using the Compression Blast since this is an open map. If you see far ranged firing Soldiers, their rockets will be easy to deflect. Make sure you are not using the Phlogistinator so you can use Compression Blast.
- When defending, you can also use your Compression Blast to push enemy players off of the Control point they are capturing. Use this to stop the process of them capturing the point immediately.
- Demomen on this map are useful for defending the middle control point. If a player were to get on the pillar that the Control point is located on, a Demoman can place stickybombs on the top sides of the pillar. These would make them more unnoticeable. This could also work with someone by the base of the pillar.
- Just like the Soldier, this map is good for performing Stickyjumps. Use this to get behind enemy players.
- Locking down choke points is very crucial strategy for this map. It is very important so enemies cannot walk in uncontested. Choke points where the Demoman excels is when the enemy tries to push into your second or last.
- Heavy is a good class in this map for Capturing the Control point and hoarding it with a group of friendly players. Make sure to take out any Sentry Guns before going in to capture the Control point.
- Using a Sandvich is recommended since there is a lack of larger health kits on this map. There are a lot of smaller ones but as a Heavy, you have more health to heal than any other class.
- Defense should be the main thing an Engineer does in this map. Defending the first Control point should easy since the room that the point is in is very enclosed and the range of a sentry should fill a decent amount of the room. When the enemy pushes in, they will be forced to focus your Sentry Gun, wasting ammo and buying time for your team while their ÜberCharge runs out.
- A Engineer on this map should always have a Dispenser nearby players so they can regain ammo fast. Just like health kits on this map, there are plenty of small ammo kits but not a whole lot of larger ones. In this case, a Dispenser would be useful to friendly players to grab ammo faster and without having to search for a large ammo pack.
- Medics should use a ÜberCharge to take out Sentry Guns that are defending Control points so the whole team can go capture it. This is useful at the first Control point since its enclosed.
- Due to the sparse nature of the health kits on Gullywash, you as a Medic are even more valuable than on many other maps, such as 5Gorge that has a generous amount of health. Make sure to prioritize your well-being over anything else on order to keep your team healthy.
- If you have trouble keeping the team alive, the Quick-Fix is a superb choice to accomplish this.
- If you have trouble keeping yourself alive, consider equipping the Kritzkrieg or the Amputator. The Oktoberfest taunt from the Kritzkrieg is more for perilous health conditions, but you don't have trouble keeping your health decently high. The Amputator is if you consistently are damaged, and simply need to top of your health before pushing into a chokepoint. It also comes with the bonus to heal numerous teammates with the Medicating Melody taunt.
- Stalemates on the last control point is very common on this map thus making the ÜberCharge one of the most important things to win a round. When attacking last, Ubering from River or Shutter can make you win the round.
- Snipers are useful at the second and mid Control points. These are wide open areas where Snipers can get a great scoped view of the area.
- Snipers have a weakness defending the last control point since it is an enclosed areas. Switching to using the Huntsman and Jarate is very effective.
- A Spy is mostly useful in this map for destroying Engineer nests that are located at the first Control point. To fake your death at these Engineer nests, use the Dead Ringer.
- The Cloak and Dagger should be used to get past enemies easier.
- Gullywash's flank routes are often slim in ammunition. As you will probably be using said routes while sneaking behind the enemy, it is recommended to use the L'Etranger to stay cloaked longer, and make more use out of the small ammo crates.