Community Wutville strategy
|“Gotta move that gear up!”
This article may contain content that is out of date. You can help improve this article by updating the content as necessary. See the wiki style guide.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This article is a Community strategy stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
|Community Wutville strategy|
|Developer(s):||Andrew "Thirteen" Risch|
Payload Cart explosion
|Health Kits:||×10 • ×6 • ×2|
|Ammo Boxes:||×1 • ×13 • ×2|
This article is about Community Wutville strategy.
- Wutville's layout is exceptionally dominated by long corridors with long sight lines. While there are flanks, they are mostly narrow paths that parallel the main route.
- Due to this narrowness of the map, Sentry Guns and Sticky Traps are all great tools for the defending team.
- In place of wide flanks, there are several cul-de-sacs to the sides of the route, each sheltering pickups or Spawns, that are large enough for several players and nests to be hidden from the main sight lines.
- The final point lies below high ground that has plenty of Health and Ammo packs to the attacking team, should they push up the left flank ramp, securing this route can easily turn the tide.
- Due to a general lack of safe flank routes, Pyros are often best in front of their team, airblasting incoming spam and preventing the enemy from making space.
- Overhead sections of the map can be used in conjunction with the Detonator or Thermal Thruster to drop onto unsuspecting enemies.
- The Scorch Shot's splash damage and knockback can serve as a nuisance to the enemy team, displacing them and generally slowing their advance.
- Holding the Powerjack out will allow a Sniper to kill a Pyro with an uncharged headshot or fully charged bodyshot, use it sparingly when in sightlines.
- The many long and straight angles available between chokes can be exploited by Demoknights.
- Due to the large and open nature of the map, sticky jumping can propel you all the way to behind enemy lines. The Sticky Jumper can further aid with this.
- The Quickiebomb Launcher's faster charge time can be used to snuff out groups of enemies who are far away.
- The Fists of Steel can be used on this map to counteract long Sniper sightlines, as it gives 40% damage resistance to all ranged sources.
- The Gloves of Running Urgently are great for flanking to get behind a large sightline, and can also be used as an effective escape tool if you are met with a heavily guarded sightline.
- On Defense, it may be beneficial to build a Dispenser or Sentry Gun in front of the enemy spawn to slow them from leaving.
- The Short Circuit is highly recommended for Offense, to combat large amounts of spam, particularly on spawns with only one exit.
- Heavies take healing priority on this map, as they are the most vulnerable to Sniper.
- The Vaccinator is a great pick for this map, as its faster ÜberCharge rate and bullet resistance can effectively combat Snipers.
- This map can be good for Snipers of any skill level due to the large sightlines on both Offense and Defense.
- The Hitman's Heatmaker has a quieter, suppressed firing sound. Given the large size of the map, a good Sniper can utilize the quieter sound to further mask his position from the enemy.
- Prefer taking angles from a high/overhead spot that leads to a wide open angle for you to easily snipe any wandering enemies.
- The L'Etranger's extended cloak duration is highly recommended to traverse this large map, especially with the cloak drain penalty of the Your Eternal Reward.
- The Dead Ringer can be used to brute force through enemy lines quickly, allowing the Spy to gain an advantageous position. Be sure to decloak in a spot where it's not too far from the enemy spawn, but not close enough that the enemy can hear the loud decloak of the Dead Ringer.
- The Ambassador can help take care of the high amount of Snipers in the map when they're using the Razorback, with the added benefit that it can help with close to mid range duels.
- Due to the large size of the map, the Diamondback, provided it has crits stored, can dish out 102 damage from any range. Use this to pick off distant Snipers, forcing them to retreat or to finish off retreating enemies.
- The Big Earner's speed on kill can be beneficial to traverse the map and escape unwanted situations.
- The Your Eternal Reward can cause havoc amongst the enemy team due to how large the map is and how everyone is scattered around. It could be difficult to pinpoint who the Spy has stabbed and disguised as among the ongoing chaos.