Community Sunshine strategy
From Team Fortress Wiki
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This article is a Community strategy stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
This article is for the map Sunshine.
|Community Sunshine strategy|
|Map type||Control Point|
|File name:|| |
|Developer(s):|| Rebecca "phi" Ailes|
Kimberly "iiboharz" Riswick
Tim "SedimentarySocks" BL
|Health Kits:||×10 • ×10|
|Ammo Boxes:||×4 • ×14|
This article is about Community Sunshine strategy.
General (All Classes)
- This map has an open sky, so be careful of enemy Demomen sticky jumping or enemy Soldiers rocket jumping in from above.
- There are many flank routes on this map, so keep an eye out on all sides rather than just one.
- Make use of rollouts to get to the middle capture point quickly. Getting there first is crucial to your team's success as you gain territorial control.
- Make use of the open area and differences in elevation to dodge enemy fire.
- Use flank routes to surprise and ambush your enemies. You may potentially kill their Medic.
- The open area makes your Rocket Launcher bad at long range. Use rocket jumping to close the distance between you and your enemies.
- Pyros have an advantage on this map, as there are no available water sources for players to reach. Use the hit-and-run tactic to kill other players by Overtime burning.
- Make use of your Sticky Launcher's splash damage to clear enemies capping the second point, as it's partly enclosed in a small area, and make use of your Stickybombs' arc to fire Stickybombs onto the point from below so that your enemies won't see you first.
- Lock down choke points with your Sticky Launcher to not let enemies push easily. This is one of Demoman's biggest jobs in a match.
- Because of the enclosed spaces, Heavy is great for defending the passages between the second and the third points. Spin up your Minigun before turning the corner to catch enemies by surprise.
- Hide behind narrow choke points to ambush enemies off-guard. Your mini gun does a lot of damage up-close.
- As a result of the open area, this map's center and second points are not good places for Engineer nests; your buildings will be easily open to spamming by the enemy team, and they will often be able to see your Sentry before it sees them, thus removing the element of surprise.
- Build Teleporters to allow your team to push more frequently and with more aggression.
- Since the map is mostly open, use Mini-Sentry Guns because of its fast construction time and less amount of metal it requires to build.
- The open area leaves little room for hiding, so be careful of enemy Snipers who may try to headshot you and enemy Soldiers trying to bomb you.
- Watch out for enemies flanking you or bombing you. There are some flank routes which Scouts will utilize. The pretty big skybox allows Soldiers and Demomen to rocket jump and sticky jump to you, watch the skybox often.
- Make use of the open area to shoot enemies from beyond their range, but be careful of enemy Snipers.
- Use the see-through fence to see your enemies without being in danger. Try to peak in short amounts or else the opposing team will be aware of your presence.
- As the map is relatively large and ammo packs are not very plentiful, it is recommended for you to use the Invis Watch. However, the Cloak and Dagger can be more viable for attacking the enemy's last point.
- Use your teammates to distract the enemy to get crucial kills for your team. Communicate with them so they can setup a distraction.
- You can try to capture the enemies' last control point when they are pushing to second last. Good timing and not getting spotted is important to do this strategy.