Community Sunshine strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This article is a Community strategy stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: Expand the "General Strategy" section to cover map locations in more detail. Potentially look at the class-specific strategies as well.
|Community Sunshine strategy|
|Map type||Control Point|
|Developer(s):||Rebecca "phi" Ailes|
Kimberly "iiboharz" Riswick
Tim "SedimentarySocks" BL
|Health Kits:||×10 • ×10|
|Ammo Boxes:||×4 • ×14|
For strategy specific to the Halloween variant of Sunshine, see Community Sinshine strategy.
This article is about Community Sunshine strategy.
Note: It is recommended to read the main Sunshine article first to become familiar with the names of key map locations used in this article.
- This map has an open sky, so be careful of enemy Demomen sticky jumping or enemy Soldiers rocket jumping in from above.
- There are many flank routes on this map, so keep an eye out on all sides rather than just one.
- Make use of rollouts to get to the middle capture point quickly. Getting there first is crucial to your team's success as you gain territorial control.
- Momentum can swing heavily on this map. Capitalize on moments in your favor and push before the enemy team gets a chance to defend, or else they can easily revert back.
- Make use of the open area and differences in elevation to dodge enemy fire.
- Use flank routes to surprise and ambush your enemies. You may potentially kill their Medic.
- Many of the control points have multiple escape routes, allowing you to dodge in-and-out of high-risk areas.
- You can jump on the shacks on the center point, as well as the balconies on the side routes. This can aide greatly in either escaping or positioning yourself against an enemy.
- The map is somewhat short, negating the efficiency of a teleporter. Save the teleporter for slower classes and spend most of your time on-foot.
- It is possible to back-cap the last point if the enemy team is distracted, and your doubled capture rate makes doing so easier.
- You can shut down enemy Soldiers and Demomen bombing your team. The Scattergun does a great job denying targets in mid air from reaching your team.
- The open area makes your Rocket Launcher bad at long range. Use rocket jumping to close the distance between you and your enemies.
- Your abilities to roll out, deal blast damage, and destroy Sentry Guns make you vital in pushes. Lead your team aggressively when the moment shows itself.
- Pyros have an advantage on this map, as there are no available water sources for players to reach. Use the hit-and-run tactic to kill other players via afterburn.
- Pyros make for a great offensive choice, as most of the control points are in confined areas. Use this to your advantage when pushing.
- The main routes put you at a disadvantage due to the long sightlines. Look more for the sides and places to catch enemies off-guard, or close the gap quickly via Detonator jumping.
- This is especially true for the last point, which is a large, open room.
- Denying uber pushes is an important task for Pyro
- Make use of your Sticky Launcher's splash damage to clear enemies capping the second point, as it's partly enclosed in a small area, and make use of your Stickybombs' arc to fire Stickybombs onto the point from below so that your enemies won't see you first.
- Lock down choke points with your Sticky Launcher to not let enemies push easily. This is one of Demoman's biggest jobs in a match.
- Your ability to switch between offensive and defensive roles is vital on this map, as power can shift from one team to the other easily.
- Work extra with your team to decide when to push.
- Because of the enclosed spaces, Heavy is great for defending the passages between the second and the third points. Spin up your Minigun before turning the corner to catch enemies by surprise.
- Hide behind narrow choke points to ambush enemies off-guard. Your mini gun does a lot of damage up-close.
- Heavy also functions as area of denial in the open spaces. While you may not be as efficient as the other classes, you can deter enemies from advancing while your team moves forward.
- As a result of the open area, this map's center and second points are not good places for Engineer nests; your buildings will be easily open to spamming by the enemy team, and they will often be able to see your Sentry before it sees them, thus removing the element of surprise.
- Of course, never hesitate to build large Sentry Guns on the last points if your team needs to defend.
- Build Teleporters to allow your team to push more frequently and with more aggression.
- Since the map is mostly open, use Mini-Sentry Guns on offense because of its fast construction time and less amount of metal it requires to build.
- The open area leaves little room for hiding, so be careful of enemy Snipers who may try to headshot you and enemy Soldiers trying to bomb you.
- Watch out for enemies flanking you or bombing you. There are some flank routes which Scouts will utilize. The pretty big skybox allows Soldiers and Demomen to rocket jump and sticky jump to you, watch the skybox often.
- Make use of the open area to shoot enemies from beyond their range, but be careful of enemy Snipers.
- Use the see-through fence to see your enemies without being in danger. Try to peak in short amounts or else the opposing team will be aware of your presence.
- Sniper is amazing at getting crucial picks, the ability to kill a Medic with the click of a button is powerful. Getting picks for your team can greatly influence the state of the game as the other team will be less strong. Killing their Medic while your Medic is dead is also important as it can create or equalize your team's Uber advantage.
- As the map is relatively large and ammo packs are not very plentiful, it is recommended for you to use the Invis Watch. However, the Cloak and Dagger can be more viable for attacking the enemy's last point.
- Use your teammates to distract the enemy to get crucial kills for your team. Communicate with them so they can setup a distraction.
- You can try to capture the enemies' last control point when they are pushing to second last. Good timing and not getting spotted is important to do this strategy.