Community Los Muertos strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This article is a Community strategy stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
|Community Los Muertos strategy|
|Map type||King of the Hill|
|Developer(s):||Ryan "Chill" Foy|
|Hazards:||Pumpkin bombs, Pitfalls,|
|Health Kits:||×7 • ×7|
|Ammo Boxes:||×7 • ×1|
This article is about Community Los Muertos strategy.
Note: It is recommended to read the main Los Muertos article first to become familiar with the names of key map locations used in this article.
See also: Community King of the Hill strategy
See also: Community Skeletons strategy
This Halloween map features pumpkin bombs, Halloween pumpkins, magic spells, and the Soul Gargoyle; see Community Halloween maps strategy.
- The Crypt Keeper is set up to be an excellent ambush which can be overlooked by the enemy team.
- Unaware players pass its opening to flank, to pick up Health, or to cross the Path of Marigolds.
- Ambushed players can be air blasted off the Cliff, shot in the back, or blown up with either of the two Pumpkin Bombs that frequently Spawn at the Chapple entrance.
- In addition to being an excellent ambush spot, the Crypt Keeper is an all-around good position, both to the attackers and defenders.
- Its High ground advantage and ability to overlook the point makes it an excellent platform to launch an attack from.
- Not to mention its close proximity to the Church, which grants numerous benefits to whoever can reach it first.
- The Cathedral is a lot more enclosed and concealed location, which does not see a lot of action during the round. Because of this, it is the perfect flank route to the opposing team's backline.
- Also, the Cathedral's Entrance offers a way to approach the main point without being seen by Sentry Guns commonly located inside the Planters. Opening up numerous ambush opportunities.
- Take note of the Planters, as they also play a key role in the defense/offense strategy
- For the defending team, they serve as excellent shelters against the attackers.
- For the attacking team, their top can be exploited for the purposes of gaining a favourable height advantage against the defending team.
- If you are opting for a flank-oriented playstyle, then the Cathedral is the perfect place for you. Not only does it lead straight to enemy's backline, but it is also quite spacious and filled with numerous obstacles, allowing you to utilize your excellent mobility.
- The Force-A-Nature's increased Knockback is useful for pushing players of the Cliff., as well as for preventing them from reaching the Church.
- You can completely control the space above the Town Square by making use of Planters, which you can easily reach with your Double jump
- Any jump-extending weapon, such as the Winger or the Atomizer, can be used to reach the Balcony. Once there, you can hide and patiently wait for enemies traversing the Alley to pass you, before attacking them from behind.
- The Crypt, the Planters, the two houses near the Cliff and other such positions offer you valuable height advantage, so take note of them.
- If you have one of your Banners ready, its preferable that you charge out with them from the Cathedral, especially when attacking the Point.
- This way, the enemy will not see their doom coming until its too late.
- This map has very generous skyboxes, making it very good for rocket jumping.
- Your Compression blast is very effective when it comes to effortlessly pushing enemies of the Cliff.
- In the case that you are solely dedicated to this tactic, the Crypt's inside offers a very concealed spot in which you can patiently wait for your next victim to approach.
- You can make use of the Detonator to reach the Planters and the Crypt, although this does not offer you much tactical advantage other then providing a distraction.
- The Detonator is a lot better employed inside the Cathedral, where you can use it to quickly change positions among the numerous staircases, tombs and other obstacles.
- Watch out for Spies spending their time inside the House, either picking of your teammates in the alley or making constant trips to your spawn.
- By locking down the Pastry Chokepoint with your explosives, you are essentially denying the enemy their most direct route to the Town Square and subsequently the point.
- Enemy Engineers will often construct intricate Sentry Gun nests inside the Planters, requiring your attention to take them out.
- Due to the Los Muertos's generally open nature, the strategy of hovering high above the point with the Base Jumper is not too bad.
- Do take note that you can place sticky traps inside the Church when the witching hour comes, allowing you to surprise many enemies rushing towards the portal.
- When defending the main point, you can simply park yourself inside the Planter facing away from the enemy spawn and wait for unaware attackers to approach the point, not expecting a Heavy behind them.
- Even better if you are using the Tomislav, as with its silent rev, the enemy will have absolutely no warning sighs of your presence.
- If you still have not captured the point, then it is recommended that you first setup a temporary base inside the Alley, where your teammates fighting for the point can safely retreat to.
- Once the point has been secured, you can move up your gear and establish a nest inside the Town Square.
- In this situation, your Dispenser should usually go in one of the Planters, where it will be safe from incoming spam and allow your allies to use it in peace.
- Although the Teleporter placement is mostly up to you, it is still recommended that you place it inside the Crypt, where it will be extremely well concealed.
- Depending on the direction your opponents are attacking from, the Sentry Gun should either go besides the Planters in order to cover the Cathedral, or near the Crypt.
- However, if you prefer a playstyle which revolves around the flank routes, then it might be a better idea to focus on establishing control of the Cathedral.
- This map does not contain particularly strong Sniper sightlines, allowing you to relax a bit and focus on healing rather then worrying for your head.
- Due to the abundance of high ground surrounding the Town Square and its strategic importance, it might be a wise idea to Buff up your Soldiers during the initial assault.
- The sightline stretching from one Alley to the other is generally the best sightlines at your disposal, as it overlooks at least half of the Town Square and allows you to peek into the Entrance and one of the Planters.
- If you are feeling brave, you can position yourself right besides the Crypt, which will allow you to fully view the Point. However, this will leave you vulnerable to flankers wrapping around the Cliff or jumping over the Crypt.
- If you are feeling very brave, you can try sneaking through the Cathedral in order to reach the enemy team's Alley. Since the Alley is pretty long and has little obstacles, it is actually a very good sightlines. But being this close to the enemy's spawn will not end in your good.