Community Probed strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This article is a Community strategy stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: Expand the "General strategy" section to cover map locations in more detail. Potentially look at the class-specific strategies as well.
|Community Probed strategy|
|Map type||King of the Hill|
|Developer(s):||Harlen "UEAKCrash" Linke|
Kevin "Ravidge" Brook
Miguel "BANG!" Melara
|Hazards:||Aliens, Alien air|
|Health Kits:||×3 • ×5|
|Ammo Boxes:||×5 • ×3 • ×1|
This article is about Community Probed strategy.
Note: It is recommended to read the main Probed article first to become familiar with the names of key map locations used in this article.
- Try not to enter the alien ship if you have low health as the atmosphere will kill you.
- Control of the area between the control point and the bases is often a key to victory. Try multiple routes if you are getting killed frequently.
- The grain silo near mid is often empty. In addition, people may ignore the upper areas of the map. Use this to your advantage.
- If you need to get away from mid, the rooftop/second level of the barn near mid is a great place to go. Be wary, as Sentry Guns may be up there.
- If you get sucked into the UFO, try to get out quickly. Your low health means the alien atmosphere will kill your faster.
- Try to rocket jump up to the catwalks and the rooftops behind the control point to get the higher ground.
- Try to use your airblast to blast enemy team members into the tractor beam when the UFO flies by to slow them down.
- Get stickybombs on the control point when the enemy team gets sucked into the UFO. You can use that as an opportunity to ambush them.
- The pathways and buildings are quite narrow with many corners, making it the perfect place to use your Grenade Launcher.
- Due to the lack of larger health kits, it would be a good idea to carry a Sandvich with you to heal you or your team. Remember, at full health grabbing a small health kit will instantly recharge your Sandvich.
- The control point is quite exposed, so don't try to capture it on your own. Move with your team and serve as a tank to soak up damage.
- The sheds by the point can provide a good hiding place for a Teleporter exit.
- Make sure you do not place your sentry nest near the event horizon of the tractor beam. If you're not careful, you'll get sucked in, leaving your nest vulnerable.
- The lack of medium health kits means it'll be harder for your teammates to heal themselves. Try to stay with them as much as possible to keep their health high.
- The following are good vantage points:
- The rooftop behind the control point provides a view from both team sides.
- The catwalks on the grain silo gives a view of the control point while giving you cover from enemies coming in from their side
- Use the catwalks to sneak towards the control point. A lot of fighting will be on the ground, allowing for ambushes.