Community Sinthetic strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This article is a Community strategy stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
|Community Sinthetic strategy|
|Map type||King of the Hill|
|Developer(s):||Benjamin "blaholtzen" Blaholtz|
Nick "Frying Dutchman" Post
Alex "FGD5" Stewart
Seb "Tianes" Necula
Matthew "MegapiemanPHD" Simmons
Aware of dog
Lawrence "hutty" Granroth
|Hazards:||Pumpkin bombs, Pitfalls,|
|Health Kits:||×2 • ×6|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×8|
This article is about Community Sinthetic strategy.
Note: It is recommended to read the main Sinthetic article first to become familiar with the names of key map locations used in this article.
- Unlike other King of the Hill maps, the Sinthetic's central point appears to be a large spacious yard, which is enclosed from nearly all sides. This means that everyone inside this yard, as long as they stick to the outer walls, will be be fairly protected from any outside fire. In fact, it is very hard for a Sniper, or any other class for that matter, to get a good angle on the point from the outside, unless they physically step on the point and look at it from the "inside".
- However, although the aforementioned nature of Sinthetic's point does discourage long-range combat, close-range combat and weaponry are also not recommended, since the enclosed area is still pretty large.
- Due to their height advantage, and the fact that they fully overview the objective, the Platforms are definitely an important strategic location, both for capturing and holding the Hill.
- As the name suggests, the Flanks are mostly used for sneaking in and out of the point. They also synergize really well with the Platforms, since enemies focused on the Platform, will often forget to pay attention to the Flanks, and vice-versa.
- The Tunnels are a pretty high-risk-high-reward location. Getting caught in them, especially by an explosive wielding class, will probably result in certain death. However, successfully exiting them will get you deep inside the enemy's backline.
- Due to the long and narrow nature of Valleys, the Ball O' Lighting Magic Spell is especially effective when deployed there.
- For /Attackers; the Hill is most easily captured by first assaulting the defenders from the Platform, thus preoccupying their attention, before striking a devastating blow from the Flank.
- For Defenders/; holding onto the Hill is most easily achieved by capturing and securing the two Platforms.
- The Flanks, alongside the Tunnels, are designed almost specifically for you, so make heavy use of them.
- The middle point is fairly open and spacious, containing no cover at all. Due to this, the Shortstop might be more beneficial then other scatterguns in this situation.
- There are plenty of obstacles, platforms and other props found inside the Valley, on which you can jump on and make yourself a more difficult target.
- As a Soldier, your never ending search for High ground advantage can be granted by the Platforms, which also happen to directly overview the point.
- There is also a small balcony hanging of the Houses, on which you can Rocket jump to in order to gain a complete overview of the Valley.
- You can use your Compression Blast in order to push enemies into the Pitfalls found inside the Flanks.
- When assaulting the central point, you should focus on heavily bombarding the opposing Platform, thus denying the enemy team valuable high ground.
- Always plant at least a couple of sticky traps near the Tunnels, so that you do not get surprised by a flanking Scout.
- If you are planning on playing around the central point, the Tomislav's increased accuracy will usually serve you better. However, if you are positioned in any other area, then the close-ranged nature of other miniguns might be more beneficial.
- The most common nesting place for a typical Engineer would be inside the House, where your Buildings will be fairly well protected from any dangers or spam. However, this is a rather passive position which will not get much done.
- A more aggressive location for a nest is on top of the Elevation, where your Sentry Gun can shoot directly onto the point, while your Teleporter can automatically bring teammates to an advantageous position.
- When directly assaulting the point, you should dedicate most of your resources to allied Scouts, as they are the best class in this situation.
- Your ÜberCharge is best employed when clearing out Sentry nests inside the Platform or the House.
- The Platform allows you to fully overview the entire point, thus making it, arguably, the best sniping-spot available. However, standing here is risky and will make you a big target, so be careful.