Community Pier strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This article is a Community strategy stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: All we need to do is complete the Offense and Defense sections. Help needed!
|Community Pier strategy|
|Developer(s):||Neal "Blade x64" Smart|
Benjamin "Badgerpig" Blåholtz
Erik "Colteh" Coltey
Liam "Diva Dan" Moffitt
Andrew "Dr. Spud" Thompson
Thijs "Evil_Knevil" Van Gerrewey
Nassim "NassimO" Sadoun
Damian "Populus" Błaszczyk
Kevin "Ravidge" Brook
Tim "SediSocks" BL
Al "Square" Rodgers
Aeon "Void" Bollig
|Environment:||Beach, Commercial, Park, Ports|
|Health Kits:||×13 • ×14 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×17 • ×10|
This article is about Community Pier strategy.
Note: It is recommended to read the main Pier article first to become familiar with the names of key map locations used in this article.
- The cart starts in front of the BLU's middle lower spawn. To reach the first checkpoint, cart will have to move through open ground, pass a cliff and a beach, go through a short tunnel, go by a parked mini van and climb up a small incline to reach checkpoint A.
- As the cart crosses the bridge it will begin descending down a small decline, as it is climbing down, on its right side it will pass a two story building named the "Red carpet building" duo to the beautiful Red carpet on the second floor.
- BLU has a major advantage, due to them having immediate high ground. Use this to your advantage.
- Once the cart reaches the third checkpoint, it will exit the warehouse, make a turn to the left and once again, the cart will proceed to cruise parallel to the beach on its right side, this beach is somehow even more sandier then the previous one.
- After it has passed the docks, the cart will now enter the warehouse, a large building in which the third checkpoint lies. The warehouse is split in two parts by a large canal which runs through the middle of it. Once the cart reaches the edge of that canal it will have to stop, for the third checkpoint is on the other side of the warehouse, in order to cross to the other side, the cart will have to wait for an automated crane to transport an improvised bridge to fill the gap separating the two parts of the warehouse so that it can cross the canal and reach the third checkpoint.
- On its way to the final point, the cart will pass by the two buildings of target range.
Spawn Rollout (BLU)
BLU Team pushes out of spawn, ideally with power classes like Heavy, Soldier and Demoman. Spy and Scout can flank and go the beach route, though Scouts will have to watch out for the potential Sentry Gun on the ledge near the tunnel, or go the left route through the hole, so they can mainly avoid the Sentry Gun. Sniper will have to stay in spawn a while, as to not get killed, then potentially (if the push is going well) either go the right wooden platform near the beach, or go slightly out of spawn, as to get a better angle. Medic will need a Übercharge to go up the hill and get the Sentry Gun, and gain the high ground. Engineer on first point (on BLU) will have similar spots to RED Engineer. BLU Engineer can place a sentry on the beach, near the wooden platform, on the high ground outside of the spawn, or if they are feeling risky, potentially go to the end of the beach, near the large ammo pack and set up there (note: this spot will only work sufficiently if the RED Engineer hasn't place a Sentry Gun on the high ground. Pyro should have an Compression blast at the ready, as to expect many power classes with reflectable projectiles coming the Engineer's way. He can also use the flanks routes talked about with Spy and Scout, if the Pyro is feeling risky. Heavy should watch out for the Snipers on the ledges and Spies and Scouts flanking, and will need to use cover as to not get picked off instantly by a Sniper. Once the BLU Team gets the high ground and past the tunnel, it is usually quite easily to get the 1st point, if they do not have a suitable defense, which they will not normally have, as they are on the low ground when BLU is close to the 1st point.
Spawn Rollout (RED)
RED team holds high ground near the ledge, with explosive classes like Soldier and Demoman benefitting from this the most. Engineer on RED will benefit from the same Sentry Gun spots as BLU, and will hold near the tunnel ledge the tunnel here the best. Spy and Scout on RED will probably benefit with the same flank routes, but better since RED will need to get important picks on power classes, as to delay the push. Sniper will also need to get important picks, to also delay the push, and can hang out where the sentry base will be (on the ledge, since it is a very good sentry spot), with a Dispenser on the ready. RED Pyro can use the same flank routes and strategies as BLU Pyro, but with probably less power classes. Heavy can hold the tunnel and the ledge to stop the incoming push, and be more safe from Snipers and Spies. Medic on RED will need a Übercharge, to keep the high ground and the tunnel, and the Kritzkrieg can excel at holding the high ground here.
Class specific strategy
- Pier is good for Scouts since it has so many high up areas that other classes can't get to.
- As previously stated, Pier has many ways to get to the several high positions. Use the Atomizer and the Winger for easier accessibility.
- Rocket jumping is good as the map's skybox is quite high in a lot of places.
- The many flanking opportunities in Pier offer rewards for using the Backburner, Sneak using the flank routes, behind the enemy for insane fire damage.
- Also, Sticky jumping is good as the map's skybox is quite high in a lot of places.
- Pier has many open areas and a lot of high areas, so always keep an eye out for enemy Spies. You are their #1 target because of your slow speed and high health pool.
- Once BLU caps the fourth point, consider putting a Sentry Gun at the stairway right outside their spawn. BLU tends to walk right in there without checking.
- Kritzkrieg is good for BLU team, as they will have a lot of high ground in the first stages of Pier.
- Quick-Fix is good on this map as the skybox allows you to jump with Soldiers and Demomen, to make it across the map quickly.
- Keep a lookout for enemy Spies, they can be especially deadly on Pier due to the wide open spaces and drops to take out a Sniper.
- Dead Ringer is good here as the map has a lot of drops to get away quickly.
- Big Earner is good for going across the large map quickly, as the enemy team will be far apart in the beginning sections of this map.