Community Barnblitz strategy
|Community Barnblitz strategy|
|Health Kits:||×8 • ×6 • ×2|
|Ammo Boxes:||×1 • ×5 • ×9|
This article is about Community Barnblitz strategy.
Note: It is recommended to read the main Barnblitz article first to become familiar with the names of key map locations used in this article.
- 1 General strategy
- 2 Class-specific strategy
- 2.1 Scout
- 2.2 Soldier
- 2.3 Pyro
- 2.4 Demoman
- 2.5 Heavy
- 2.6 Engineer
- 2.7 Medic
- 2.8 Sniper
- 2.9 Spy
- The first location an offensive team has to capture would be Attacker's yard, an important position leading up to the first checkpoint.
- With the Attacker's yard secured, the Blu team should split in two. One half should head towards the Approach, while the other one climbs up the Left Shed and attempts to clear out the Platform adjacent to it.
- After everything is set, the two halves can finally begin a coordinated attack on the final resting place of checkpoint A, attacking from multiple directions simultaneously. This will hopefully result in the crumbling of the Red defenses, and the Blu getting a hold of the checkpoint in question.
- On their journey to the next point, Blu members will encounter the Defender's yard, which should be relatively easy to capture by utilizing the Height advantage provided by the Platform.
- Once the Cart successfully passes the Entrance, the attackers should expect a tough defense ahead, since they will be at a severe height advantage compared to the defenders inside the Upper Level.
- In order to take down this Red position, it is heavily recommended to utilize the Dropdown, through which a Blu Medic, with an ÜberCharge, can sneak up to the aforementioned Upper level and attempt a surprise attack on the Sentry Gun nests found there.
- After the previous point is captured, Attackers should switch their attention over to the House, a large building complex up on the map's left side.
- This position is crucial, as it offers clear overview of the entire area around checkpoint C and can be used as a forward Sentry nest by Blu Engineers
- To access it, regular Blu members will need to go through the House entrance and make their way up to the Second Story, while Soldiers and Demomen can simply Rocket jump their way onto the Roof.
- Once everyone is in position, the offensive team should launch a massive attack aimed against the House's Third floor, which is usually the main holding ground for Red defenders.
- There are three entrances which lead up to the final point and are at the attacking team's disposal. They are: Main Entrance, Left entrance and the Right entrance.
- The Main entrance is arguably the worst one among the three, as it is effectively a hard-to-traverse chokepoint which doesn't lead to any advantageous position.
- The Left entrance is compromised of a set of stairs which grant access to a small platform overviewing the area around checkpoint C. This position can be used to spam out the common Sentry nests from a far, but be aware of the Red members who also have immediate access to said platform.
- The Right entrance is in many ways similar to the left one, as it also leads to an elevated location overlooking the entirety of point C. Only difference being that it is a bit more further away and Red members, except Soldiers, Scouts and Demomen, don't have immediate access to it. This position is also a great place to Über out of, since an Übered pair can simply jump out of the window and land practically right on top of the defenders.
- On this checkpoint, the Red team needs to be ready for a swift withdrawal, since losing the control over the Defender's yard is very easy. Primarily duo to the three Blu spawn exits which lead out to it.
- Instead, the defenders should focus their efforts over to the Platform and the Left Shed, as they are offer vital height advantage and are much more easier to defend.
- The Red team's position of choice here should be quit obvious, it's clearly the Upper Level. The high ground that particular location provides is simply invaluable, while the abundance of health and ammo packs found on it makes for an excellent holding position.
- Only major threat which the Upper Level needs to worry would a Blu ÜberCharge coming from the Dropdown, which can potentially sneak up to the Red members occupying the aforementioned position and quickly take them out.
- If the Upper level is captured, the Red team can default back to a position just after the checkpoint, from which they can hopefully delay its capture a bit longer.
- There are two locations the defenders should occupy, if they wish to successfully protect the checkpoint C.
- First one of them is House, which once again, grants significant height advantage to anyone standing in it, and is a relatively comfortable sentry spot. It is also an excellent Teleporter spot.
- The second position is just opposite the House, where a medium health pack resides. This location can be used to more directly control the cart and its path, as well as to protect the House's entrance which is otherwise available to the Blu.
- Defending the final point is all about protecting the three entrances which lead up to it. If this can be accomplished, then there'll be now way for Blu to capture checkpoint D.
- First entrance through which the attackers are likey to attempt a breakthrough is the middle one. Since this route is in fact a chokepoint, defending it should be quite easy, as all that you need is a couple of Soldiers and Demomen to constantly spam down it and render it unpassable.
- Once the enemy realises that they can't just simply steamroll their way through the most direct path, they'll seek out other options instead, one of them being the Right entrance. This particular route is quit important, as it leads out to a platform overlooking the entire final area. Due to this, it would be a good idea to have a Heavy or a Pyro located up there, just to ensure that the aforementioned platform doesn't fall to wrong hands.
- Last entrance which needs to be covered is the left one. This is arguably the hardest entry way for the Red team to protect, since it grants the attackers yet another powerfull position overviewing a large portion of the Cart, while also not being ascesible to many Red members. Only way to defend it is to have a Soldier, Demoman or a Scout use their improved mobility to get to that position and camp it out, preferibly with a Quick-Fix Medic by their side.
- Due to the open nature of the Attacker's yard, you should be able to play very aggressively on this checkpoint and have quit a lot of freedom. This fact is further reinforced by the relatively low number of Sentry Guns you'll encounter, allowing you to play even more freely.
- If that isn't enough, you can also quickly reach the Platform by flanking around it via the Left Shed, opening up an opportunity to swiftly take out the bulk of Red defenses stationed up there.
- Once the Platform is cleared out, you should position yourself inside the Defender's Yard, where you can pick off enemies retreating back from the checkpoint A.
- Before the Red team manages to setup a proper defense, you should quickly dash up to the Upper level and occupy it. Doing this will allow you to control this vital location, and deny any defenders from making use out of it.
- If, however, you aren't able to accomplish this task, you should then retreat back and take up a more supportive role, as there isn't much you can do on this checkpoint with the Upper level in Red hands. Just contribute small chip damage from a far and attempt different hit'n'run tactics whenever you can, while letting your team's bulkier classes do the "heavy lifting" instead.
- Your best move on this checkpoint would be to flank around the Red team through the House in order to reach a more advantageous position.
- Since the House's Third story is often occupied by hostile Sentry Guns, you should avoid it and limit yourself to only the Second story, from which you can exit onto the Roof.
- At this point, you can either go even deeper inside the Red's backline by flanking through the Left entrance and reaching the final point, or attack the enemies defending this checkpoint from a side.
- Unfortunately, there won't be much you can do on this checkpoint due to the large amount of Sentry Guns covering every possible corner, severely restricting your movement.
- Because of this, it's recommended that you fall back and help out your team in eliminating those Sentry Guns, either by distracting them with Bonk! Atomic Punch, or by contributing chip damage from a far.
- Once the coast is clear, you should be able to run in and take advantage of the final checkpoint's open area filled with many obstacles to jump on, allowing you to easily dominate anyone you encounter.
- Just like your Blu counter part, you should make great use of the Attacker's yard, where your incredible mobility can come into play. In addition, you can hide out inside the Left Shed, patiently waiting for the Blu cart to go by, before suddenly emerging and surprising its pushers.
- When the enemy pushes up to the Approach and threatens to capture the point, you can use the Platform to quickly flank around the Attackers and attack them from their left side, hopefully causing a big enough distraction for your team to retake lost land.
- There is also a small shed within the area of Approach, in which you can hide and wait for a high value target, such as the Medic, to pass by. Do note however, that you being found out in this location will probably result in certain death.
- If you want to delay the attackers, the best place to do so would be within the defender's yard, where your large array of movement options can come to light. There is also a large health pack present there, which you can quickly grab on your way out.
- Once the attackers push through the Defender's yard, they'll be forced to clump up together as the go through the Entrance, thus leaving them vulnerable to the Mad Milk's area of effect.
- You can use the Soda Popper, Force-A-Nature, Atomizer or any other jump extending weapon to cross the gap between the Upper level and the small platform hanging of the Dropdown. There, you'll find a set of stair leading right to the Blu's backline, opening up enormous flank opportunities.
- Near the House Entrance, you'll find some of boxes which you can climb on and reach an elevated area beside the checkpoint B. From there, you can access the now abandoned Upper Level and use it to sneak behind the Blu members.
- The House's Second story can serve as an excellent ambush position, since attackers will often traverse it in order to reach the more advantageous Third story, sending plenty of preoccupied victims your way.
- Once again, your Mad Milk is going to come in very handy while defending last, as throwing it down the tight and narrow Middle Entrance through which the Cart passes will yield great results. Especially if you managed to douse the entire enemy team.
- You can also constantly spam the Wrap Assassin's or Sandman's projectiles down the the claustrophobic hallway which makes up the Left Entrance (Right from your perspective), ensuring that the enemy cannot dodge them.
- Another neat trick you can pull off is to use your Double Jump ability to cross the gap between the Left Entrance platform and the Right Entrance platform, giving the attackers positioned on it an unpleasant surprise.
- Your ability to rocket jump can make very effective use of the maps high points, allowing you to get to an important position quickly, and even rain rockets on the opposing team.
- When attacking, the enemy Engineers will set up buildings in places such as the corner of buildings, since players tend to gather around these buildings, use your Rocket Launcher's splash damage to inflict wide-spread harm.
- The map's tight areas will help you greatly, as enemies will have no ability to dodge your rockets.
- Stay alert, your large battle presence and high damage output will make you priority, and attacks can come from any direction on Barnblitz.
- On defense, helping a friendly Engineer hold a point could be very helpful, as Demomen and Soldiers can attack a Sentry Gun outside of its range.
- You can use your Rocket Launcher's decent mid-range capability to quickly spam out the Red Snipers commonly located inside the Left Shed, hopefully forcing them back and ensuring the safety for your team.
- With the Snipers gone, you should be able to climp up the aforementioned Left Shed and sneak up to the Platform, thus surprising the enemy Engineers and their Sentry Guns, which probably weren't expecting you to emerge from that position.
- Once all the Sentry Guns have been destroyed, you can proceed to make use of the Platform's Height advantage in order to bombard the defenders retreating from point B, adding to Red's casualties.
- If the Red Engineers established a Sentry nest inside the Approach, you should be able to safely spam it out from the Blu's right spawn exit.
- Your primary focus on this checkpoint should be the Upper Level, without which you are going to be at a significant height disadvantage during the fight.
- To capture this vital position, you should sneak through the Dropdown and make your way up to it. Since the Upper Level is usually going to be extremely fortified, you might need an ÜberCharge or at the very least, a Battalion's Backup buff to secure it successfully.
- Once again, it would be a good idea to fixate yourself on capturing one single location, that being the House. The House is an enormeus structure towering over the entire checkpoint C. Meaning that if you get it, you will have unparallel advantage over your enemies.
- To do this, however, you will probably going to have to enlist a friendly Medic's help, as capturing the House while a competent Red team is guarding it can be quit difficult.
- Going through the Left Entrance will lead you to a nice elevated position overviewing the entire final point, allowing you to take your sweet time picking of Red defenses from a far. Only problem with this position is the multitude of hostile enemies which also have access to it, ensuring that you are almost always forced back.
- So it might be a better idea to make use of the Right Entrance, which doesn't offer you particularly good angles on common Sentry Gun placements, but is out of reach for the majority of defenders.
- There is a tiny outhouse in the middle of the Attacker's Yard on which you stand on a gain a slight height advantage over the attackers exiting their spawn.
- Once you've been pushed out of the Attacker's Yard, it might be a wise idea to reposition yourself over to the Platform, where you can help out friendly Engineers and rain down rockets using the Platform's elevation.
- You can also rocket jump on to the tall fence adjacent to the Left Shed. Doing this will grant you superb height advantage, and often make it difficult for enemies to spot you at such high altitudes.
- If you have a Kritzkrieg Medic Über you while a group of enemies are pushing the Cart through the Entrance, you could potentially wipe out the entire enemy team during their push, as the Entrance's cramped nature ensures that anyone escorting the Payload becomes immensely vulnerable to explosives.
- Even if there is no Medic present, you can still save up a Buff Banner charge for this specific situation.
- Alternatively, you can position yourself on top of the Upper Level, where you will be able to protect allied Engineers while having significant high ground advantage over the Blu members.
- Just like your Blu counterpart, you should make great use of the House, as it grants you near infinite overview of the battlefield and allows you to bombard the Payload from above. Not to mention the the large quantity of Health and Ammo present, ensuring your long term survivability.
- Since this checkpoint is quite vast and open, thus giving you plenty of space to rocket jump, equipping the Air Strike might not be too bad of an idea. You just need to watchout for Snipers which might pick you off while airborne.
- As the attackers are pushing through the Middle Entrance, they'll be forced to clump up together, leaving them very vulnerable to your rockets. If you can find an Über ready Medic or save up a Buff Banner charge for this specific occasion, you will be able to completely obliterate the Blu team and stop their advance in an instant.
- Your Rocket Jump ability can be used to quickly reach the Right entrance (Left from your perspective) and take it for yourself, denying enemy the advantages that particular location provides.
- Keep a good eye on the Platform and Left Shed, as those are the locations from which enemy projectiles are most likely to come from. Also take note of any potential Demomen lobbing their explosives over the small outhouse within the Attacker's yard, since those can do some devastating damage to your team.
- There are a couple of common Spy hiding spots on this checkpoint which you should regularly Spy check. They include, but aren't limited to: Just outside the right spawn exit, on top of the aforementioned outhouse, inside a small shed within the Approach area and behind a large rock.
- If a Medic is willing to Über you, you can climb up to Left Shed and surprise the defenders commonly located on top of the Platform, allowing you to swiftly burn them.
- Assuming there are no Sentry Guns present, the Thermal Thruster can be used to quickly reach the Upper Level and occupy it.
- If, however, the Red team did manage to setup a couple of Sentry nests up there, then flying into the Upper Level as a Pyro is more often then not, a suicidal move. Instead, you should designate yourself as a supportive class, helping out your team by pushing the Cart, Airblasting away enemy projectiles, constantly Spy checking certain locations and extinguishing fellow teammates.
- You should primarily use the stock Flame Thrower when assaulting this checkpoint, as there will be plenty of Soldiers and Demomen spamming at your teammates from the House, thus using up much of your ammo due to constant Airblasting.
- Once again, the Thermal Thruster will come in handy, as you can use it to effortlesly reach the House's Second and Third story, as well as to dive bomb Blu Snipers commonly located near the Middle Entrance.
- Enemy Spies will often jump from the House in an attempt to get a dropstab on one of your teammates pushing the Cart, so keep an eye on that.
- If there is a Medic willing to Über you, you can simply jump straight out of the Left Entrance and land practically right on top of the most common Red Sentry positions, allowing you to swiftly burn everything in sight and essentially win the game. Even better results can be achieved when using the Phlogistinator while doing this strategy.
- Alternatively, you can just stay on top of the Left Entrance and ignite your foes with a Flare Gun from a safe location. If enemy Soldiers or a Demomen try to blast jump their way over to your location, a single use of Airblast should easily deny them.
- Enemy Spies will often attempt to reach your team's backline by sneaking through the House, thus putting friendly Engineers on top of the Platform in danger. So make sure to regularly Spycheck that particular location.
- In addition to that, you will also need to look out for enemy Demomen lobbing their projectiles over a small outhouse in the middle of the Attacker's yard, as those can cause some pretty severe and unexpected damage to your team.
- As the attackers are pushing the Cart through the Approach, they will be forced to group up inside an enclosed building, leaving them dangerously vulnerable to your flames. You can take advantage of this by patiently waiting on top of the Platform with a Crit charged Phlogistinator, before dropping down in an opportune moment and melting through the entire enemy team.
- If the Platform is captured, you can use the Detonator to quickly reach it and retake it back.
- The Detonator can also be used to jump through the hole inside the Dropdown, surprising your opponents usually situated there in the process.
- Enemy team will probably focus all their energy onto the Upper Level, where the majority of your fellow teammates are going to be situated. So it is recommended that you head up there and Airblast away any Blu ÜberCharges or Projectiles trying to clear out this vital location.
- You should primarily position yourself inside the House, since the House's enclosed spaces and tight corridors will make you dangerously effective. In addition, you will have access to the Roof and Second Story, which can be used to ambush the attackers pushing the Payload by jumping on them from above.
- This section of the map is very open, requiring the use of either the Thermal Thruster or the Powerjack if you want to move places quickly.
- Blu members will often try to shove themselves through the Left Entrance (Right from Red perspective), in order to gain a favorable advantage over your teammates. You can stop this by pushing them back down with Airblast, or threating them with Fire.
- Gas Passer's area denial ability can come in handy when trying to prevent the attackers from breaking through the Middle Entrance, which is the fastest route leading to the final point.
- Enemy Spies will often circle around your spawn, looking for an opportunity to stab friendly Engineers maintaining the Red defense. So make sure to consistently Spy check around that area, and prevent any attacks from occurring.
- You can quit effectively flush out the defenders within the Approach area by spamming at them from your right spawn exit, using a cluster of rocks as cover in the process.
- The Platform should be your main priority on this checkpoint, as that is where you will find the majority of Red Sentry Gun nests. To clear them out, ask a friendly Medic for help or flank through the Left Shed in order to get a better angle on them.
- If you are on top of the Platform, you can lay a mass of sticky traps within the Defender's yard, thus preparing a nasty surprise for any defenders still retreating from the previous point.
- It might be a good idea to bring the Loch-n-Load with you when assaulting the Checkpoint B, as the amount of Sentry Guns you are bound to encounter, especially in the Upper level, is quite overwhelming.
- It would also be a good idea to ask an allied Medic for a spare ÜberCharge, since breaking through the Red defenses without one is difficult.
- Sticky Jumper can be used to quickly reach the upper stories of the House, thus allowing you attack the Sentry nests commonly positioned in it from a better angle.
- This section of the map is very open and spacious, so using the Base Jumper to hover high above your enemies isn't too bad of an idea, especially if noone is able to spot you.
- Use your Stickybomb Launcher to carve a safe path through the tight and narrow Middle Entrance, where your explosives will be the most effective.
- By climbing through the Left Entrance, you will reach a nice platform overviewing the entire area around checkpoint D. From here, you can take your sweet picking of distant Sentry Guns one-by-one. Just make sure to setup a sticky trap on a set stairs which lead up to the aforementioned position, so that any defenders which try to use them get a "surprise of their life".
- On this map, it's possible for an outsider to see deep inside the Blu spawn. Meaning that if you were to charge up a Sticky bomb and launch it at a correct angle, it could travel a fair bit of distance into the enemy spawn, causing a lot of damage along the way. This tactic is even better when you have a Kritzkrieg Medic Über you.
- Enemy players will often try to flank through the Left Shed, as it is the easiest way to reach the Platform for them. Make sure to put a stop to this by placing a ton of sticky traps in that area.
- The Entrance area is very cramped and claustrophobic, thus increasing the deadliness of your explosives. If the opportunity is right, you can even annihilate the entire enemy team here as they are busy pushing the Cart.
- It's possible to Sticky jump your way through the hole in the Dropdown, but doing this isn't recommended, as you will end up in a location far away from your team and their support.
- Waves of attackers will often try to attack the Upper level from the overlook, making that place a prime candidate for Sticky traps.
- Since this checkpoint is very vast and open, the Quickiebomb Launcher's long range capabilities can come in handy, especially when dealing with Snipers camping across the map.
- By positioning yourself inside the House, more precisely its Third Story, you'll be able rain down a never ending stream of explosives onto the poor attackers pushing the cart. And if anyone ever tries to bother you up there, a single Sticky trap watching your back will surely take care of any intruders.
- After capturing Checkpoint C, attackers will often try to break through the Middle entrance in an attempt to quickly reach the final point and swiftly end the round. Make sure to prevent this by spamming down the Middle entrance and setting it up with multiple traps, thus making it completely unpassable.
- Another route the attackers might try to sneak through is the Left Entrance (Right from your perspective), which basically one narrow staircase which you can easily spam out.
- As you are trying to break out of the Attacker's yard, it is recommended to stay close to the Cart, since it is one of the few pieces of cover you can duck behind.
- Using the Heavy's Minigun to lay down heavy fire on the Left Shed and Platform will make it easier for your team to capture these locations. If a Medic ÜberCharges you, you can even go and attempt to secure the aforementioned positions yourself.
- After pushing the Cart through the Defender's yard and the Entrance, your next priority should be to help out your team in capturing the Upper Level. You can do this by using your high rate of fire to suppress enemy defenders, while your very large healthpool can be used for distracting Red Sentry Guns and diverting their attention.
- Tomislav will be your Minigun of choice here, since its improved accuracy can make great use of the vast, open area present on this section of the map. Although, other miniguns can be useful too, assuming you can get close to the enemy by traveling down one of the flank routes.
- If you wish to, you can help out friendly teammates in clearing out the House, which is often filled with problematic Sentry nests. Just make sure to use the Fists of Steel when crossing the massive Sniper sightline in between the House Entrance and previous checkpoint.
- In the case that you aren't capable of breaking through the Middle Entrance, climbing up the Left Entrance and dropping down from it is your next best course of action. Doing this will land you right in the middle of Red defenses, allowing you to mow everything down with ease.
- On this checkpoint, your large healthpool is most needed within the Attacker's yard, where you can serve as one the few pieces of cover which your teammates can safely fall behind. Since you are bound to take some severe beating, bringing a damage resisting Minigun, such as the Natasha or the Brass Beast, would be a pretty good choice here.
- However, if you don't want to act as an anchor for your team, then positioning yourself inside the cozy Left Shed while laying down long range fire with the Tomislav can also achieve results.
- There is a corner you can sit behind and occasionally peek out of in order to attack the enemies passing through the Entrance zone, who probably weren't expecting a surprise Heavy. However, beaware of Blu Snipers while doing this strategy.
- You can position yourself on top of the Upper level, where you will be able to use your massive body to block some of the damage aimed at friendly Sentry Guns, all while having a safe space to retreat to.
- It's recommended to use the Fists of Steel while falling back from checkpoint B, as you will be in a relatively large Sniper sightline.
- A good position to be in is right in front of the Middle Entrance, where you can shower enemy players pushing the Cart with a rain of bullets, all while having a large healthpack to retreat to when things go south. And in the case that an allied Medic ÜberCharges you, you can even step outside of the Middle Entrance and attempt to retake some lost land.
- However, if you wish to play more on the flanks, then guarding the Right Entrance (Left from your perspective) would be the optimal play here. Only problem with this strategy is the question of reaching the Left Entrance in the first place, which can prove very difficult, since the Red team has no direct routes leading up to it.
- Since the Blu team starts on the low ground, you can expect a hail of Projectiles coming your way, making the Short Circuit very effective.
- Once your teammates push up to the Left Shed, you should setup a temporary base up against the Platform. From this position, your Dispenser will be able to support allies in their fight for the Platform, and teammates attempting to push the Cart through the Approach, all while being decently protected.
- Teleporters are of no use on this checkpoint, so don't bother setting them up.
- By moving up your Sentry Gun to the Platform and letting it overview the Defender's yard, it will be able to catch out any remaining defenders still retreating from the previous point.
- Here, the Dispenser is best located somewhere around the Entrance zone, where it can provide life saving health to everyone, all while being out of reach for the majority of opponents.
- Teleporter exit can also be placed around the aforementioned location. However, if you want your teammates to attack from the flanks, then the Teleporter should be places inside the Dropdown.
- The Wrangler can be used to Sentry jump your way over to the House's Roof. And although this is a fast method for reaching an advantageous position, it shouldn't be employed due to the enormous health cost required.
- You will primarily want position your Sentry Gun and Dispenser somewhere besides the Cart's tracks, thus allowing them to directly support allies pushing the Payload.
- Remember to destroy your old Teleporter entrance and replace it with a new one, since the Blu spawns change after checkpoint B is captured. In terms of the Teleporter exit, its most common location is somewhere inside the Upper Level. But if the coast is clear, you can move it into the House for a more advantageous position.
- Due to the general lack of immediately-accessible healthpacks, a Dispenser is simply invaluable to a Blu team attacking the final point. Because of this, you should position it somewhere in front of the Middle Entrance, so that everyone has equal access to it.
- If you see that your teammates are struggling with getting through the Middle Entrance, you can place your Teleporter near one of the two flank routes, thus conditioning your team to take another approach.
- One of the good places to establish a Sentry nest would be on top of the Platform, as it provides you useful height advantage and a large ammopack, all while being protected with multiple pieces of cover.
- However, if you prefer a bit more aggressive positioning, you can also setup a nest behind a group of rocks outside the Blu's left spawn exit. This way, you will be able to more directly support your team, at a sacrifice for your own well being. So it might be a good idea to use the Rescue Ranger when setting up here, as it will allow you to heal your buildings from a distance, without exposing yourself to overwhelming spam.
- If you really like an aggressive playstyle, you can equip the Widowmaker and proceed to jump out of the Left Shed, surprising your opponents in the process.
- The most common Sentry position, on this checkpoint atleast, would be in the Upper Level, and for a good reason. Large quantities of metal, valuable height advantage and only one way for enemy Spies to sneak in are all traits which make this location extremely desired among Engineers.
- If the Upper Level is already occupied by someone, you should then move your gear downstairs, since placing Sentry Guns near each other isn't recommended. Do note however, that playing on the low ground is better suited for Battle Engineers who have the Gunslinger equipped.
- Keep in mind that your spawn location changes after Blu captures the previous checkpoint, requiring you to replace the old Teleporter entrance with a new one. In addition, you will also need to place down a new Teleporter exit, which is best located inside the Upper Level.
- You can setup your Sentry on the Third Story and use the Wrangler to shoot at people from a far, just beaware of Blu Snipers while doing this.
- Teleporter exit should also be located in the Third Story, allowing it to instantly transport allies into an advantageous position. Also, remember that with the capture of checkpoint B, Red spawns will move back even further, making the old Teleporter entrance obsolete once again.
- Just outside the Red's right most spawn, there is a small, barely noticeable platform on which you can setup a nest.
- You can Sentry jump via the Wrangler up to Right Entrance (Left from your perspective), and then use the Rescue Ranger to bring the aforementioned Sentry to you.
- While exiting the middle spawn exit, watch out for Snipers commonly located inside the Left Shed, who are sure to prioritize you.
- Consider using your ÜberCharge in the event your team finds it difficult to capture the Attacker's yard.
- You should heavily prioritize healing teammates who are fighting for the Platform. This is because the Platform has many advantages, making it beneficial to capture it.
- Although it would seems like a good idea to use an ÜberCharge when traversing through the Entrance, it really is not necessary. Instead, your precious Über will be a lot better employed against the fortified Upper Level, which is a vital location for the Blu team.
- One of the ways to take over the Upper level is to sneak through Dropdown with an ally, before popping your Über and rushing up a set of stairs to the Upper Level.
- Be especially careful on this checkpoint, since its openness makes it a perfect Sniper playground. Stay close to walls and cover, in order to minimize the amount of time they see you.
- Use the Medi Gun's Overheal ability to buff up friendly Soldiers and Demomen, who can then rocket jump up to the House and gain a favourable advantage over the enemy team.
- If you and your teammates are quick enough, you can make a swift break through the Middle Entrance and overwhelm the defenders with sheer speed, but this will probably require an ÜberCharge in order to execute successfully.
- Another way to capture the Final checkpoint would be to Über an ally and let him jump out of the Left Entrance, giving Red members below a nasty surprise.
- Try to stay around the Approach area, where there is plenty of cover to shield you from enemy Snipers, while still being able to heal injured teammates.
- If you want to use your ÜberCharge, the best location to pop it would be inside the Left Shed, out of which your patient can jump out of and land right behind the attackers, thus preventing them from escaping back to spawn.
- Watch out for hostiles Scouts and Soldiers attacking you from the Platform, as they can make use of the Platform's advantages quite effectively.
- If you see the enemy team grouping up in Entrance, you can simply pop your Über on a Pyro or a Soldier and let them completely obliterate the attackers stuck inside the Entrance's tight corridors.
- Keep a close eye on the Dropdown, since enemy Spies are bound to traverse through there.
- Speaking of the Dropdown, you can overheal allied Soldiers or Scouts and let them jump up to it, thus securing a powerful position.
- Be especially vary of Snipers, since checkpoint's C long sightlines makes it quite easy for them to take your head off.
- Because this section of the map is very open, helping out friendly Scouts, which dominate in this kind of an environment, might be the way to victory.
- Crussader's Crosbow is useful when attempting to heal allies standing on them far away Roof, without having to risk your life getting close to them.
- Try Übering a Soldier, a Demoman or a Pyro when the attackers are attempting a breakthrough the Middle Entrance, as those classes are the most equipped for such a situation.
- Enemies will often attack you from the Right Entrance (Left from your perspective), so take note of that.
- Before doing anything else, it is recommended that you first take out enemy Snipers located inside the Left Shed, as they are your biggest threat.
- After that, you can move up and start sniping people located within the Approach, clearing the way for Blu team.
- If you have the Huntsman equipped, you can take up a more aggressive stance and slowly crawl up the Platform, carefully seeking out any targets up there.
- Taking up a position on top of the Platform would be an excellent idea, as you will able to easily kill any enemies located inside the Defender's yard.
- The Entrance's cramped nature will probably force the defenders to clump together, making it a prime Jarate candidate.
- Due to the large amount of Sentry Guns found on this checkpoint, it might be a good idea to use Machina for its increased damage.
- If you're brave and daring, you can sneak through the Dropdown and end up on the Red's right side, putting yourself in a prime position to swiftly take out a key target before being found out.
- This part of the map is exceptionally open and clear, allowing you to dominate the game if you play your cards right.
- Make sure to take out any enemy Snipers commonly located on the Roof or near the Middle Entrance. You will make your job easier by doing this, alongside ensuring the safety of friendly teammates.
- By going through the Left Entrance, you will end up on a platform overviewing vast parts of the last checkpoint.
- Left Shed is a pretty good sniping spot. It has lots of cover, quick access to the Platform and nice sightlines.
- Wait for the attackers to start pushing the Payload through the Entrance. Then, when they all nicely group up together, throw some Jarate and let the remainder of your team make quick work of them.
- Constantly spamming Huntsman arrows don the Entrance is bound to make some damage, even if you aren't accurate.
- The close-quarters nature of this checkpoint makes the Classic a relatively viable option. However, using the other rifles isn't a bad idea, you just need to position yourself further back towards the House Entrance in order to get some breathing space.
- A good Sniping spot can be found on the Roof or near the Middle Entrance. Both of these locations offer excellent Sightlines, have quick access to Health and ammo, all while being close to your team
- Majority of your team won't be able to reach the Left Entrance, allowing Blu members to freely make use of its height advantage. You can mitigate by locking down Left Entrance from afar, preventing the attackers from make use of its advantages.
- There are three Large Ammopacks found near the Platform, Approach and the checkpoint itself. Use this valuable sources of ammo to replenish your Cloak meter.
- The Left Shed often houses oblivious Snipers, which are usually easy prey for you.
- Teleporters aren't very important on this point, so destroying them won't have such a beneficial impact. Instead, focus your efforts on something more worthwhile.
- In general, Blu teams will often have problems with Sentry nests located inside the Upper Level. So dedicate your best efforts on taking down those nests, as that is how you'll help out your team the most.
- Snipers usually position themselves near the House Entrance, where there is little eyewitness present.
- You can sneak through the Left Entrance and camp somewhere near the final checkpoint, where you can attack unaware players travelling towards the frontlines, not expecting a Spy so close to their spawn.
- If there is a Red Teleporter present, make sure to destroy it, since Teleporters have immense importance when it comes to defending the checkpoint C.
- Snipers easily dominate this section of the map, so it would be a wise idea to focus them down and ensure the safety of your team. You can often find them camping near the Middle Entrance.
- Last checkpoint is usually filled with multiple Sentry nests covering each other, making it difficult to get off a stab and survive. Due to this, the use of Your Eternal Reward is heavily recommended.
- You can use the Platform's elevation to jump down on unsuspecting opponents pushing the Cart, leaving them little time to react.
- Attackers will usually be very distracted with the Upper level, opening up a chance for multiple easy backstabs.
- If you are having trouble sneaking through the Entrance, the Dead Ringer is your solution.
- As the attackers are pushing the Payload up the hill, you can get a drop on them from the House.