| Community Harvest strategy
| Basic information
| Map type
|| King of the Hill
| File name:
|| Sean "Heyo" Cutino
| Map Info
|| Daylight, sunny
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×4 • ×4
| Ammo Boxes:
| Map Photos
This article is about Community Harvest strategy.
General (All Classes)
- The center shed around the control point provides more cover for attackers than defenders. Capturing the point is easiest with support from team members outside the shed.
- Soldiers and Demomen can jump onto the roof of the center shed with rockets or stickies and attack from above.
- Due to the shed's roof being open, a variety of projectiles can be lobbed into the building (e.g. Mad Milk, Jarate, Grenades, Stickybombs), allowing you to weaken the opposition.
- Any class with 100% speed or higher (Scouts, Pyros, Engineers, Medics, Snipers, and Spies) can make the jump from your team's building to the middle shed and then on to the other team's building. This can be useful to ambush the enemy.
- The square shaped rooms in each team’s farmhouses ensure that there are many corner and blindspots for Spies; likewise, the corners and hiding spots in the farmhouses are great for Pyro ambushes.
- Snipers like to stay in the upper levels of their team's farmhouses. If you happen to be in the area, take a moment to sweep the upper floor for enemy Snipers.
- There is cover placed sporadically around the map. Use it to your advantage.
- Each team’s spawn has only two exits, allowing the enemy to spawn-camp an uncoordinated team. However, a single Medic can easily break out with an Übercharge.
- You can double-jump to the middle shed and then across to the other team's building. This can be useful if the ground-level area is highly contested. You can also triple jump from the raised ground to the roof with the Atomizer.
- When an enemy is on the Control Point, you can use the Sandman to slow enemies. This will allow your team an easier time clearing the Control Point.
- With the Crit-a-Cola equipped, you can clear choke areas, including the Control point barn. However, be aware that it also marks you for death; approach large groups with caution.
- Your high speed is excellent for taking down Snipers in the cramped rooms of the farmhouse. Use this to your advantage to distract or kill them.
- The Shortstop can work especially well on this map, since there are many enclosed spaces as well as large open ones.
- Lobbing baseballs over the top of the enemies' building can sometimes hit Snipers that may have gathered there. Even if you do not manage to hit a Sniper, the ball will occasionally hit a enemy exiting their spawn. If the ball does hit someone, it is usually not a good idea to chase them, as they will probably be surrounded by their teammates.
- Do your best to distract enemies away from the control point and instead focus on you. Use double-jumps and your quick speed to dodge their attacks and frustrate them, keeping them away from the points.
- The middle of the map is mostly open. Use your speed and powerful Scattergun to kill enemies running to the point.
- During the beginning of a round, you can rocket jump to quickly reach the enemy spawn to prevent them from leaving while your teammates capture the Control Point.
- While many parts of the map are open spaces, many spaces are also tight, indoor spaces. With the splash damage inflicted by Soldier Primaries, this is very advantageous.
- Keep in mind that you can damage yourself with the splash damage as well, so try not to get too hectic when inside either building.
- Soldiers, along with Demomen, can use the Pain Train to cap the Control Point with twice the speed.
- Soldiers can use the high rocket speeds of the Direct Hit or the Liberty Launcher to quickly take out enemy Snipers that dwell in typical sniping locations.
- With the Equalizer equipped, a Soldier can sneak into the chaos of a conflicting Control Point, and use the Kamikaze taunt to kill unsuspecting enemies.
- The Buff Banner is an imperative tool in ending Control Point conflicts. The Battalion's Backup is good for the opposite reason, as it can be used when defending the Control Point.
- You can rocket jump onto the enemy team's roof and neutralize enemy Snipers quickly and effectively.
- When enemy players are attempting to capture the control point, you can rocket jump onto the middle roof and fire rockets down onto the Control Point to damage several enemies at once.
- Utilize the Beggar's Bazooka's ability to quickly clear out the center point.
- Try using the Scorch Shot or the Detonator, as they can be extremely useful for harassing Snipers on the second floor and forcing enemy players capturing the point to leave for a health pack.
- When attacking the Control Point, don’t just charge in. Try waiting for the enemy to turn around defending one side, then charge in from the other side. This will often cause enemies to panic and miss their shots.
- The Backburner can be very useful for this map. Equip it and drop down from one of the many roofs to kill enemies three times as quickly.
- Use your Flamethrower to defend then point from sneaky Demomen and Soldiers using the open roof. Airblast their projectiles away.
- Spy check everybody trying to enter the Control Point. In this map, Spies are very common.
- The Detonator is very useful on this map because you can Detonator jump from the roof of your house, onto the roof of the center shed, then onto the enemy team's house very quickly. This allows you to get to the enemy team's side very quickly, and unexpectedly. It also allows you to get the drop on Snipers on the farmhouse roof.
- The Thermal Thruster can do the same, for less self-damage but a slower weapon switch speed.
- Some common hiding spots for Spies are the upper floor of either house and the small shack on either side of the map due to the amount of Snipers that attack from there. When running back for health, take a moment to sweep those areas for Spies.
- You can sticky-jump onto the center shed and then fire grenades or stickybombs down onto the control point to kill the enemies quickly.
- You can also destroy indoors Engineer nests with your stickybombs.
- You can easily neutralize Snipers or other classes inside the second floor of the opposing house by lobbing grenades or stickybombs in through the many windows.
- You can use the Pain Train to capture the control point faster. Watch out for Snipers, Scout, and Heavies, however - you’ll take more damage from them!
- You can sticky-jump from your spawn all the way to the enemy’s farmhouse, at the cost of most of your health. From the roof, you can sticky-trap their spawn exits to slow them down.
- Heavies are very effective when being assisted by a Medic in the control point. Try crouching in one of the four corners of the control point to defend the Medic while he heals you.
- If you find it difficult to stay alive on the Control Point, try running behind the enemy's garage, and waiting for the next wave of attackers to come. Jumping down from the shed while revving up will often catch them off guard.
- Keep moving. Snipers and Spies can kill you very easily if you are not standing on the point. Crouch and duck to throw off Snipers’ aim, and check your back often.
- Setting up a nest near (or in) the point can catch the enemy off guard.
- Try to build a Dispenser and Teleporter near the center shed. This will allow your team to keep the pressure on the control point. Having a nest behind the shed on your side can greatly improve the odds of your team winning. A Dispenser will support your team immensely.
- Consider building a sentry on the roof of the farmhouse and using the Wrangler to harass far-away enemies. Be careful - the enemy may become frustrated and change class to Sniper in order to kill you!
- The rapidly shifting battlefield makes the Gunslinger very useful due to its quick build time and mobility. Mini-Sentry Guns are useful at harrassing enemy players.
- Overheal Soldiers and Demomen at the start of the round - they will often blast jump to get the front lines faster.
- The Kritzkrieg is also a good choice if you have a friendly Heavy who is willing to push an enemy wave back, or a Soldier or Demoman who can scatter large groups of enemies on the Control Point.
- You are a prime target for Snipers and Spies. Jump and duck often, and check your back.
- The peaked roof of the farmhouse can provide cover for you if you stand on the back of the roof and peek over it. However, this prevents you from seeing the area between the farmhouses and the center shed, allowing Soldiers and Demomen to blast jump up and catch you off-guard.
- It is possible to climb onto the roof on the main farmhouse by jumping through the windows on the upper level. The roof provides cover for you - use it!
- Don't stay on the roof for too long, as many other classes are able to get on the roof easily. Try sniping from the roof, the garage area and from inside your team's farmhouse.
- Razorbacks will not help you much here, as Spies are common on Harvest. Unless an enemy Spy does not notice your Razorback, they will simply shoot you with their Revolver before you have time to react. Don't stay in one place for too long, and check your back after firing your Sniper Rifle.
- Spies are very effective on Harvest. Snipers in their team's respective farmhouse or near their team's shed are easy targets, and enemies that like to travel through the farmhouse to get to the point are as well.
- The paths to the left of the farmhouses are usually less traveled - use the ammo pack behind the garage to recharge your cloak.
- The farmhouse itself has a lot of corners and blind spots in which to recharge your cloak or backstab unsuspecting enemies. Be sure to use them.
- Keep in mind that the farmhouse also contains very tight rooms, so be wary of enemies walking by and do your best to dodge them. Be wary of Pyros - if they attack you, you will have a hard time escaping because through the cramped corridors.
- As with most King of the Hill maps, the control point is often too busy and chaotic for a Spy to simply wander about in. So try to pick targets that are traveling towards the control point and try to prioritize which targets you want to kill first.
- You can land easy kills by hiding behind the enemy’s spawn doors and backstabbing them as they exit - players almost never look behind them when they spawn. Do not disguise as the enemy during this time, however, as they may see your outline and attack you.
- Spies are very common on Harvest - but too many will cripple your team. Don’t play as Spy if there are already two or more!