This article discusses community strategy for Highpass
| Community Highpass strategy
| Basic information
| Map type
|| King of the Hill
| File name:
| Release date:
|| January 6, 2013
| Last updated:
|| December 17, 2015
|| Bloodhound, Psy, Drawer
| Map Info
|| Industrial, desert
|| Daylight, sunny
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×4 • ×5
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×4 • ×6
| Map Photos
- The map is very open, so maneuverability is a big advantage.
- Keep in mind the medium sized health pack under the control point.
- The Scout is great for this map. His double jump can get him from the bridge to almost anywhere, and the open nature of the capture point enables his trademake "hit and run" attacks.
- The Soda Popper is a great option here, as you can jump most of the way across the map.
- Rocket jumping is great for the Soldier. He can get a bird's eye view of most of the map, and there are very few hiding spots. The Air Strike works wonders here.
- A Pyro with a Flare Gun can annoy almost any stationary target in themiddle of the battlefield.
- Flanking can be a bit difficult, but if you go through one of the side cabins, you should be able to get behind the fray without taking too much damage.
- Spies love this map, so you should be constantly checking everyone.
- Demomen don't usually get much love on this map. The Sticky Jumper and the B.A.S.E. Jumper with a melee weapon of choice could do a fair bit of damage.
- Your grenades can be used to clear off the capture point, and to harass enemy Snipers on the balcony.
- Can be used as a minor annoyance or a pocket.
- It is fairly hard for an Engineer to make a nest on this map, due to the open sightlines.
- That said, Mini Sentry Guns can be put under the capture point near the health pack, or in bushes.
- The Wrangler is also a fairly good choice.
- Medics should be careful of Snipers and Spies.
- The balcony overlooks most of the battlefield, but you are fairly exposed.
- The Razorback is probably the best choice for secondary.
- Spies are great on this map, as most people are focused on the capture point, leaving their backs ripe for stabbing.
- The nature of the gameplay is such that you could wait uncloaked outside enemy spawn between the two exit doors and not be noticed. People will figure you out pretty quickly though, so this is not a recommended game plan.
- Get behind the enemy team via the side cabins.