Community Highpass strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This article is a Community strategy stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: Expand the "General Strategy" section to cover map locations in more detail. Potentially look at the class-specific strategies as well.
|Community Highpass strategy|
|Map type||King of the Hill|
|Health Kits:||×4 • ×5|
|Ammo Boxes:||×4 • ×6|
This article is about Community Highpass strategy.
Note: It is recommended to read the main Highpass article first to become familiar with the names of key map locations used in this article.
- The map is very open, so maneuverability is a big advantage.
- The medium health kit underneath the objective can be a quick way to replenish your health in the heat of battle.
- The Scout is great for this map. His double jump can get him from the bridge to almost anywhere, and the open nature of the control point enables his trademark "hit and run" attacks.
- The Soda Popper is a great option here, as you can jump most of the way across the map.
- Rocket jumping is great for the Soldier. He can get a bird's eye view of most of the map, and there are very few hiding spots. The Air Strike works wonders here, even more so when paired with the B.A.S.E. Jumper.
- A Pyro with a Flare Gun can annoy almost any stationary target in the middle of the battlefield.
- Firing explosive flares (the Scorch Shot and the Detonator) onto the point to deal chip damage to enemies from far away or from cover(such as the right house) can be very helpful
- Flanking can be a bit difficult, but if you go through one of the side cabins, you should be able to get behind the fray without taking too much damage.
- Spy is very useful on this map, so you should be constantly spychecking everyone.
- Demomen don't usually get much love on this map. The Sticky Jumper and the B.A.S.E. Jumper with a melee weapon of choice could do a fair bit of damage.
- Your grenades can be used to clear off the control point, and to harass enemy Snipers on the balcony.
- Can be used as a minor annoyance or a pocket.
- The Tomislav is recommended, as it allows the Heavy to play from range.
- It is fairly hard for an Engineer to make a nest on this map, due to the open sightlines.
- Mini Sentry Guns, however, are extremely useful with proper placement. Some example placement spots are:
- Under the point, or in the underpass.
- In the house to your team's right, facing the point.
- In bushes around the highpass.
- On the point, behind the concrete blocks.
- Inside your team's large house, looking onto the point.
- The Wrangler is also a fairly good choice, allowing Sentry Guns placed further back from the action to contribute to keeping the point
- Medics should be careful of Snipers and Spies.
- The right house is a good place to hide in when things go south, as it gives you multiple escape routes, cover from sightlines, and a minor height advantage.
- The Quick-Fix is a good choice for pocketing Soldiers and Demomen as it allows you to mirror their blast jumps and heal them up quicker after the damage is applied.
- The balcony overlooks most of the battlefield, but you are fairly exposed.
- The Machina's ability to penetrate enemies is very useful if you are positioned in the side house when enemies are clustered on the point.
- Spies are great on this map, as most people are focused on the control point, leaving their backs ripe for stabbing.
- Waiting beside the stairs cloaked at the enemy spawn to take out newly spawned enemies is viable, but the enemy will grow wary quickly, so try not to overdo this.
- The right houses are a good way to sneak behind enemy lines