Community Hoodoo strategy
From Team Fortress Wiki
|Community Hoodoo strategy|
|File name:|| |
|Developer(s):|| Tim "YM" Johnson |
Jeroen "Snipergen" Dessaux
Wade "Nineaxis" Fabry
Drew "Oxy" Fletcher
|No. of Stages:||3|
|Health Kits:||×13 • ×16|
|Ammo Boxes:||×7 • ×19 • ×2|
This article is about Community Hoodoo strategy.
General (All Classes)
- The most powerful classes such as Heavy, Soldier, Pyro, and Demoman should be trying to take out Engineer bases and killing other powerful classes while staying by pushing the bomb.
- Whenever time gets low, try to get the bomb in a last minute Overtime or continue pushing it towards the next checkpoint if possible. The Overtime boost will give you more time to try to destroy any Engineer bases or kill anything that is stopping you from pushing the bomb forward.
- On offense, it is best to have a Bonk! Atomic Punch to get as deep as you can into the enemy's defenses. From there, try to kill easy enemies exiting their base. Also, use your Bonk! to distract enemy Sentry Guns so other teammates can destroy it while it isn't firing at them.
- On offense, be quick and try to flank the enemy as much as possible. When sticking to Heavies or Soldiers, help them by scouting ahead for Sentry Guns or an ambush.
- On defense, Bonk! Atomic Punch is helpful for getting the enemy's attention, especially those who are under the effects of an ÜberCharge, to help your team gain an advantage.
- On offense, it is useful to stick to the people who are pushing the cart. Spamming rockets into Engineer nests to destroy their Sentry Guns and Dispensers will help your team make an offensive push.
- On offense, rocket jumping across the map for mobility and flanking will aid an offensive push.
- On defense, your rockets are very good at completely clearing a group of enemies crowding to push the cart.
- On offense, always Spy check around the cart to prevent a Spy from halting the cart.
- Pyros have a great advantage on this map, as there are no available water sources for players to reach. Use the hit-and-run tactic to kill other players by Overtime burning.
- On defense, your Flamethrower can clear the entire cart of enemies' you can also break up ÜberCharges with your airblast.
- If you feel there are too many enemies around the cart to dispose of them with your primary, consider firing at them with the Flare Gun, Detonator, or Manmelter first. The Detonator is especially useful because it can ignite more than one enemy at once.
- On defense, as usual, you can lay stickybombs on the tracks to clear the cart of enemies. The Scottish Resistance is a good idea due to the number of stickies you can place.
- On offense, destroy Engineer nests with your Stickybomb Launcher. Make sure you have enough Stickybombs to destroy the whole Engineer nest before detonating them.
- On offense, you can literally ride the cart by crouch jumping while shooting your Minigun, allowing you to focus 100% on the enemies you're fighting. Beware of Snipers who will try to line up a headshot.
- Remember to attack from unexpected angles. Nothing throws enemies off like a Heavy suddenly behind them.
- As a Heavy, know where your ammo packs and Dispensers are in this map, you will need them to get ammo if you ever run low.
- The ledge at the beginning of the tight passage is an excellent Engineer spot for BLU players. With an influx of reinforcement you can stall the enemy for quite some time.
- Make sure you build an Engineer nest and a Teleporter for your teammates. You need the Teleporter so your team can keep pushing the bomb and not have it be pushed back.
- On offense, try using the normal Medi Gun for its invulnerable ÜberCharge to charge into the enemy's defense and destroy it.
- On defense, the ÜberCharge from a Kritzkrieg will effectively help in clearing the cart of enemies. Using the Kritzkrieg on a Soldier whenever enemies are surrounding the cart would be great.
- If you are the only Medic on the team, the Quick-Fix is more useful, due to its rapid healing and ÜberCharge rate. You will be able to pop ÜberCharges faster and more often using this.
- As a Sniper on offense, you can snipe with ease on the balcony gate next to A station, and hide behind the gate while aiming.
- There are alot of large, open areas on this map where a Sniper can get a good angle and view. Use this to your advantage when defending the cart.
- Spies can play a crucial role at the final stage for RED, eliminating Snipers in waiting, or taking down Sentry Guns. However, it is difficult to hide as this section of the map is very small.
- Playing Spy while on defense is a good way to stop the cart and help your team out. While the enemy team is focused on moving the cart, you can easily slip behind enemy lines and get multiple backstabs at once, killing everyone pushing the cart which causes the cart to stop moving. Of course it's easier said than done, but a little practice should get you in the feel of things so you can get many points, and ultimately win the game.