The Fortified Compound is a promotional primary weapon for the Sniper. It is a black metallic compound bow. When equipped, the Sniper will carry arrows in the quiver strapped to his back. The bow itself is identical to the bow used by Garrett, the main protagonist in Thief.
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who purchased Thief on Steam before March 7, 2014.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Ranged or Melee damage?||Ranged|
|Base damage||100%|| |
|Attack interval||1.94 s|
|Maximum charge time||1.0 s|
|Aim fatigue||5.0 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
Note: Distance from the target affects damage values, except for critical hits.
|Class Token - Sniper||Slot Token - Primary||Scrap Metal|
| Controlled Burn|
Ignite 50 enemies capturing one of your control points.
- The Fortified Compound was added to the game.
- Fixed the Fortified Compound not triggering the same taunts and voice lines as the Huntsman.
- [Undocumented] Added the Fortified Compound to the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] The Fortified Compound is now craftable, tradable, giftable and was added to the item drop system.
- [Undocumented] Added Killstreak Kits for the Fortified Compound.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Fortified Compound arrows from damaging enemy Engineer buildings.
- [Undocumented] Changed attribute:
- Snipers can now fire the Fortified Compound mid-air.
- Fixed a bug related to the Fortified Compound and lighting arrows.
- Although going underwater with a lit arrow will visibly extinguish it, it is still considered lit and capable of setting enemies on fire.
- Switching the Fortified Compound to another fallen weapon with a charged bow causes the Sniper still having the speed penalty, independent of having the Sniper Rifle zoom-in or not. It's possible to fix by zoom in and out or simply by switching the equipped weapons. This also applies to getting a new Fortified Compound or a Huntsman from the ground.
- Players with this bug active causes the third-person animation to be in his zoom-pose, and the charging time function on the Sniper Rifles works even if the Sniper does not zoom-in with the Weapon. On the first time, the charging beep plays, but after one shot, it doesn't play it anymore when fully charged, though, it's still possible to deliver more damage, as the charging is technically working in background. When using with the Sydney Sleeper, the Jarate effect is not applied, but the damage bonus of the charge is still delivered, when used with the Classic, nothing happens, since the weapon has a different scoping mechanic than the other Sniper primaries. Jumping while having the bug active does also work, but it causes the charge to reset in background. Finally, when doing this with a Fortified Compound or a Huntsman which was found on the ground, the charging bow third-person animation will be used, along with the speed-penalty.