The Fortified Compound is a promotional primary weapon for the Sniper. It is a black, metallic compound bow. When equipped, the Sniper will carry arrows in the quiver strapped to his back. The bow itself is identical to the bow used by Garrett, the main protagonist in Thief.
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who purchased Thief on Steam before March 7, 2014.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Ranged or Melee damage?||Ranged|
|Attack interval||1.94 s|
|Maximum charge time||1.0 s|
|Aim fatigue||5.0 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
Note: Distance from the target affects damage values, except for critical hits.
|Class Token - Sniper||Slot Token - Primary||Scrap Metal|
- The Fortified Compound was added to the game.
- Fixed the Fortified Compound not triggering the same taunts and voice lines as the Huntsman.
- [Undocumented] Added the Fortified Compound to the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] The Fortified Compound is now craftable, tradable, giftable and was added to the item drop system.
- [Undocumented] Added Killstreak Kits for the Fortified Compound.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Fortified Compound arrows from damaging enemy Engineer buildings.
- [Undocumented] Changed attribute:
- [Undocumented] Snipers can now fire the Fortified Compound mid-air.
- Fixed a bug related to the Fortified Compound and lighting arrows.
- Although going underwater with a lit arrow will visibly extinguish it, it is still considered lit and capable of setting enemies on fire.
- Lighting a Fortified Compound arrow will change its damage type from bullet to fire; lit arrows do significantly lesser damage to enemies with fire resistances such as the Chargin' Targe and the Darwin's Danger Shield.