|“You prancin' show ponies!”
This page would benefit from the addition of one or more videos.
Please add a suitable video, then remove this notice. The specific instructions are: "An official demonstration"
Wars may be fought with tanks, but they are won by men
! With tanks!
— The Soldier
The Panzer Pants is an Action taunt for the Soldier. When activated, the Soldier stands at attention and then a small tank pops up from the ground below and around him, which he then proceeds to drive. Pressing Primary Fire (default key: MOUSE1) will make the Soldier fire a shot and say a voiceline. The shots are purely cosmetic and do not deal any damage to enemies. Ending the taunt causes the tank to explode; the Soldier will jump out with a backflip.
The Soldier will continuously drive the tank forward, being impossible to stop or reverse; it is possible to turn left and right, though. When turning, the Soldier will turn to the side being turned together with the tank's cannon, allowing players to shoot slightly to the sides as well.
October 19, 2018 Patch (Scream Fortress 2018)
- The Panzer Pants was added to the game.
October 22, 2018 Patch
- Fixed a common crash related to the Panzer Pants taunt.
- Occasionally the tank will disappear, causing players to see the Soldier's arms and legs bent in an unorthodox angle. This can be seen here.
- The tank's engine noises will stop playing if interrupted by fall damage or footsteps.
- If the Soldier has the Beggar's Bazooka, pressing Primary Fire to fire with the tank will load the first rocket.
- The smoke effect from the tank's exhaust pipe will play constantly until the player presses the Primary Fire.
- The item's name is a reference to the German word panzer, meaning "tank".
- The tank model is based on the M4A4 Sherman. It is reflected in the name of its texture file
- One of the Soldier's taunt-specific lines is a reference to Edwin Starr's 1970 soul classic War.