|“You are so small! Is funny to me!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Team Fortress Wiki by expanding it.
Notes: Pictures for Locations, as well as Maps Stamp.)
|Map type||King of the Hill|
|Release date:||October 19, 2018|
|Last updated:||October 24, 2019|
|Developer(s):||Lauren "Yrrzy" Godfrey|
Harlen "UEAKCrash" Linke
Zach "Exactol" Matuson
Sebastian "Seba" Grus
Rebecca "phi" Ailes
|Environment:||Industrial / Halloween|
|Hazards:||Pumpkin bombs, Bubbling Cauldron, |
Fire Pit, Fireballs, Skeletons
|Health drain, Pitfalls,|
|Health Kits:||×3 • ×8|
The point on this map features a large cauldron. When the point is captured, the cauldron erupts, changes flame color to the controlling team, and triggers a random effect. The active effect is indicated by an icon displayed on the HUD, which flashes when the effect is about to end. These effects include:
- Portals to the Underworld opening up.
- A group of Skeletons spawning.
- Fireballs raining out of the cauldron.
- Every player being granted Crits.
Like several other Halloween maps, Cauldron has its own Underworld. After escaping it, players are granted temporary Invulnerability and will receive full health.
Cauldron is a map with many buildings that lead to the center point. Many areas of the map provide well cover such as the middle cauldron, or the pumpkins placed throughout.
- Spawn areas: The areas outside of both spawns are very wide and open. The spawns lead to three doors which takes the player through the building and to point. Each door will take the player to a unique place.
- RED Spawn: The wide and open area found outside of RED spawn.
- BLU Spawn: Similar to RED spawn, this is the wide and open area outside of BLU spawn.
- Mid / Point: In the middle of the center-most area, you can find Cauldron's unique point. The point is located under a cauldron, which will start to boil once the point is captured. The cauldron will also burst open giving an effect of a spell to the team who captured. The cauldron can also block fire from enemies providing a good defense when attempting a capture.
- Battlements: The battlements are the buildings located between the spawns and capture point on both sides. Each building has three doorways towards Spawn and three doorways towards the point.
- Side Building: Opposite to the tracks / ramps, the side building is an area that is considered part of the battlements. Taking this path will lead directly to the High Ground, which players can get a full view of the point and surrounding area.
- Tracks / Ramp: The right-hand route out from Spawn through each building passes down a ramp with a pair of tracks to the exit into the bottom of the valley.
- Launch Pad: The middle route out from Spawn doglegs down to the same exit as the tracks / ramp. On the way it passes the launch pad on the left. This area is met with a smokey fire and will boost the player up when stepped on. Taking the launch pad leads the player to the center area going directly towards point.
- High Ground: When looking from point, the high ground is seen on the right side. The high ground is on both teams' sides and has direct view of the complete enemy team's side and point.
- Valley: The Valley is the low ground between the high rising buildings of the Battlements and the main building leading back to spawn. This area is wide and open which has little cover leads up a pathway to point. There is also a stair pathway which goes up to the Battlements.
- Underworld: The Underworld is an area only accessible by the cauldron on the point. When the cauldron erupts, the portal opens and will teleport the player. Upon going to the Underworld, players will be fully healed and will have to jump across platforms and moving cauldrons to make it to the portal back before the poisonous gas kills them. The area surrounding the platforms is seen as a swamp of green sludge which will kill the player if jumped into. Once players take the other portal back, they will receive effect buffs for a short period of time.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: Complete Locations first.
- Added Cauldron to the game.
- Entering the underworld now puts players back to full health.
- Players will no longer fall off the platform if they enter the underworld while moving backwards or sideways.
- Added a couple pumpkin spawn locations in the underworld.
- Minor visual update to underworld exit.
- Fixed an instance where a player with incredibly unlucky timing could become trapped inside the underworld exit room.
- Several toy trains are hidden around the map, placed there by UEAKCrash.
- Deer cutouts can be found in mysterious locations, two of which are found in completely sealed off rooms on either side of the map. The only way to access them is through the use of