|“You are so small! Is funny to me!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Team Fortress Wiki by expanding it.
Notes: Locations could use some expansion with additional details.
|Map type||Player Destruction|
|Release date:||October 19, 2018 Patch|
(Scream Fortress 2018)
BE NICE 2 ME
|Hazards:||Explosive Barrels, Drowning|
|Pitfall, Shrinking Water|
|Health Kits:||×12 • ×9|
|Ammo Boxes:||×3 • ×13 • ×1|
Davy Jones is running out of souls to pay for his Locker so the players must help him out as much as they can...
— Cursed Cove publicity blurb
Cursed Cove is a community-made Player Destruction Halloween map released during the Scream Fortress 2018 update. As the name implies, it is set in a haunted, cursed cove. The goal is to collect the dropped souls of dead players and carry them to Davy Jones' Locker, which can only be accessed when the Flying Dutchman appears.
Davy Jones, a large green pirate ghost standing atop the sunken ship, acts as an Announcer. His voicelines would inform players when the Flying Dutchman appears and when they will be forced out of the Locker. Additionally, if players are getting too close to him or have stayed too long on the ship, Davy Jones would slam his foot onto the ground, pushing players backwards or into the portal back to land.
Cursed Cove was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Davy Jones' Locker
Davy Jones' Locker is the undersea Underworld space where players deliver picked up souls for scoring. The Locker is accessed only by touching the Flying Dutchman, which appears in the upperworld for only 40 seconds out of every 110 seconds. Upon entry, players spawn in Grottoes on opposite sides of the Locker and receive buffs: players entering at full Heath receive an Overheal and a very brief Invulnerability while injured players receive only a brief Healing. The soul Delivery Zone is the Forecastle and Main Deck of the Sunken Ship, but souls may be delivered only by members of the team that has complete control of the Delivery Zone; the presence of one enemy in the delivery zone prevents delivery. Souls carried by a player in the Delivery Zone are delivered one at a time, about one each second. After the Flying Dutchman leaves the upperworld, the Drowning sea begins to close in on the Locker. Players exit the Locker back to the upperworld either by using the glowing white portal in the Quarterdeck or by being kicked out by Davey Jones. Upon their return, the exiting players receive several seconds of Invulnerability and Critical hits. Exiting players at full Heath receive an Overheal, while the injured ones receive only a brief Healing.
The Beach: A sandy beach with calm waters that extends from the BLU to the RED side of the map.
The Docks: The spawning point of the Flying Dutchman; two stone docks, each with a wooden shack containing a small health kit, and stairs that lead to the sands in between the docks.
The Port: a wide, open yard with a palm tree and a big rock with crates around it near the Docks. Two wooden cranes can be seen here, one atop a building on the RED side and one atop the Gate.
The Gate: An archway with a wooden gate that connects the Port to the Courtyard. A corridor with an overview of the Port passes over the Gate, and thin planks connect it to the bell tower's bell.
The Courtyard: a wide, open yard with a bell tower in its center, which can be climbed through a series of ramps. Hitting the bell will cause it to ring. The Flying Dutchman will sail through the big gate with a cart in front of it and leave the map; players wishing to deliver souls will have to wait until the ghost ship reemerges on the Docks.
Davy Jones' Locker is the undersea Underworld space accessed by touching the Flying Dutchman:
- The Sunken Ship lies in the center of the Locker.
- The Main Deck and the Forecastle form the Delivery Zone for the Souls.
- Thermal Vents lie either side of the Forecastle.
- Players spawn into Grottoes under the giant Skulls.
- The Bow Flank passes between Grottoes under the Sunken Ship's Bow (forward of the stump of the foremast).
- Davy Jones stands on the Quarterdeck, which contains the glowing white Exit Portal.
- The Stern Flank passes behind the Sunken Ship's Stern, behind and below the Quarterdeck.
- Battlements are provided by the Seamounts (between the Sunken Ship and each Grotto) and the Coral Shelves (over the Bow Flank).
- Players should take care not to fall into the deadly Abyss.
- The Locker will start to fill with water after some time has passed, and players outside the safe zone will start to drown very quickly. A while after that, Davy Jones will pull any remaining players towards the Exit Portal.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: Complete Locations first.
- Added Cursed Cove to the game.
- Fixed projectiles colliding with the waves at the shore.
- Fixed projectiles colliding with the capzone mist effect in locker.
- Fixed players sometimes getting stuck when exiting the locker.
- Adjusted particles on the pickups.
- Increased music volume.
- Added sound to the ship moving through the town (Thanks Spipper).
- Added sound to the zone closing in the locker.
- Optimization tweaks.
- Various small detail fixes.
- Fixed missing materials.
- A bloody Yeti hand print can be found outside playable space.