For the Scout cosmetic item with a similar name, see Boston Brain Bucket.
Buckethead Zombie always wore a bucket. Part of it was to assert his uniqueness in an uncaring world. Mostly he just forgot it was there in the first place.
— Buckethead Zombie official description
The Brain Bucket is a promotional cosmetic item for the Soldier. It is the bucket worn by Buckethead Zombies from the Plants vs. Zombies video game franchise; a dented metal bucket with a narrow trail of dried blood leading up from the rim, speckled by several more droplets on the bucket's handle and body.
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who purchased Plants vs. Zombies on Steam before May 5, 2011.
- The Bucket o’ Brains was added to the game.
May 5, 2011 Patch (Replay Update)
- [Undocumented] The Brain Bucket was made craftable, tradable, giftable, and added to the drop system.
- [Undocumented] The Brain Bucket was added to the list of hats that can be Unusual.
- [Undocumented] Renamed "Bucket o’ Brains" to "Brain Bucket".
- [Undocumented] Fixed a typo in the description.
- [Undocumented] Added "Glasses" equip region.
- The item's description is a parody of the advertising slogan for Kix cereal, "Kid tested, mother approved."
- "Brain bucket" is a slang term for a protective helmet.