The Lumbricus Lid, pronounced \ˈləm-brə-kəs\, is a promotional cosmetic item for the Soldier. It is a webbed helmet adorned with Worms-style eyebrows and a Worms drawing. It also includes the "Holy Hand Grenade" which replaces the Soldier's default frag grenades on his chest.
This hat was awarded to those players who purchased Worms Reloaded before September 2, 2010.
The Kill Icon was contributed by Psyke.
- [Undocumented] The Lumbricus Lid was added to the game.
- Fixed the Lumbricus Lid not playing the correct sound during the Equalizer taunt.
- The Lumbricus Lid was given its own Kamikaze taunt kill icon.
- Added "grenades" equip region.
- Added the Limited attribute to the Lumbricus Lid.
- Lumbricus is the genus for an earthworm family that mainly resides in European countries.
- The 'Holy Hand Grenades' are also known as Globus crucigers. It symbolises Christ's (the cross) dominion over the world (the orb), literally held in the dominion of an earthly ruler (or sometimes celestial being such as an angel).
- The Worm design on the helmet is the "Steal" weapon icon from Worms Reloaded.
- The Holy Hand Grenade is a reference to the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail, specifically a scene involving the main characters' use of the Holy Hand Grenade to blow up the Rabbit of Caerbannog.
- Consequently, the grenade is also strikingly similar to the design of the scrapped Heal Grenade.
- The Mesh on the lid was based off of WWII paratroop or force recon troops helmets. The mesh allowed them to put camouflage on their helmet. (i:e, Leaves, Branches, and assorted ferns)
- The helmet itself is a WWII American M1 helmet. It is famous for being the main helmet on D-Day and for being the main helmet of America until the Korean war.
Announcement on Steam advertising the new item.
The pose from Meet the Soldier, recreated with the Lumbricus Lid and Holy Hand Grenades.