LOOK OUT DRACULA IS BEHIND YOU! [sound of a creaking door]
Ha ha ha! If you scare that easily, this map will kill you
— Haunted Hallowe'en Special
Harvest Event is a community-created King of the Hill map. It was released with the Haunted Halloween Special Update as an official community-developed map due to its outstanding quality. This is a Halloween-themed version of the Harvest. It includes many gameplay elements that are unique to the map.
In this Halloween version, as with all later Halloween maps, health packs are reskinned as chocolate bars and candy tins. Pumpkin bombs are scattered strategically throughout the map and explode when shot, damaging and possibly killing players (regardless of team) in close proximity. Killed players will randomly drop a crit-boosting Halloween pumpkin full of candy. The ghost of Zepheniah Mann wanders around the map, haunting any players who venture too close. Soul Gargoyles spawn on the map for each player individually during game play.
Note: If you are having trouble with finding the locations listed here, you can scroll down to the Helpful overview section to see their exact position marked on the map.
- The Center Shed: At the center of the map, a bombed-out shed houses the control point. This building is open at both ends, and most of the roof is missing.
- The Farmhouses: Located directly in front of each team's spawn area, these large houses have two stories with windows and a roof overlooking the center shed.
- Side Sheds: Open at one end, these sheds contain medium Health Packs inside.
The halls of the house between mid and RED's spawn.
The halls of the house between mid and BLU's spawn.
The small spawnroom under the capture point.
Control Point timing
||Attack o' Lantern|
Cause the deaths of 5 players by exploding nearby pumpkin bombs.
Kill a player scared by a ghost.
October 29, 2009 Patch (Haunted Halloween Special)
- Added Harvest Event to the game.
November 2, 2009 Patch
- Fixed client-side perf problem after changing levels on Harvest Event.
- There is a fully textured room underneath the capture point which appears to be where the Ghost is stored until it is triggered. It appears to contain a bench, television and set of lockers. A video of it can be seen here.