The Iron Curtain is a promotional primary weapon for the Heavy. It is a minigun made out of wood and metal, with identifiable features such as the Communist Hammer and Sickle emblem visible on the ammo casing and a smoking vent on the side. It was supposedly crafted by the Heavy himself.
This weapon functions identically to the Minigun.
It is awarded to players of Poker Night at the Inventory for defeating the Heavy during a round in which he has bought in with the item instead of cash. As of May 23, 2019, the game has been removed from sale. However, any owners may still obtain its promotional items.
The kill icon for the Iron Curtain was contributed by Psyke.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Ranged or Melee damage?||Ranged|
|Maximum ramp-up||150%||13.5 / per bullet|
|Base damage||100%||9 / per bullet|
|Maximum fall-off||52.8%||4.5 / per bullet|
|Critical||27 / bullet|
|Mini-crit||12-18 / bullet|
|Attack interval||0.1 s|
|Windup time||0.87 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
|Special Item: The Heavy|
Knock out The Heavy after he's bought in with his special item.
- The muzzle flash coming from the end of the Iron Curtain is further out than the actual barrel.
- If a player's internet connection is lost then regained while the Iron Curtain is being wound up, the sound of the Iron Curtain being wound up is heard, but the barrel doesn't spin up.
- This can easily be corrected by winding up the Iron Curtain again.
- The name of this weapon is a reference to a quote from the former British Prime Minster Winston Churchill, in which he said the "Iron Curtain" would divide the Soviet Union's territory from the Western Democracies.
- In Poker Night at The Inventory, the Heavy refers to this gun as Sasha (as opposed to the default Minigun) when buying in with it, saying; "I have no choice but to buy in with Sasha, so I can keep honor."
- In the official blog post it is stated that Iron Curtain is Heavy's first Minigun and also his first love.
Promotional image of the Heavy with the Dealer's Visor and Iron Curtain.
- TF2 Official Blog: "Shh. Sascha is asleep." – November 3, 2010