Hit me. I dare you.
— The Heavy about to test his new helmet
Der Maschinensoldaten-Helm is a promotional cosmetic item for the Heavy. It is based on the helmets worn by the super-soldiers in Wolfenstein: The New Order; a team-colored dark helmet that extends down over the Heavy's face, covering his nose and eyes.
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order on Steam before May 20, 2014.
- Der Maschinensoldaten-Helm was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Updated the backpack image for Der Maschinensoldaten-Helm.
- [Undocumented] Removed the promotion restrictions from Der Maschinensoldaten-Helm.
- The item's name means "The Machine-Soldiers' Helmet" in German.
- The description is a reference to a famous quote from George Santayana, with the original words being: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it".
- The rank on the helmet is that of a Lance-Corporal (German: Gefreiter) in the Wehrmacht (German Army) during WW2.