From Team Fortress Wiki
- The Cadaver's Cranium was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added Cadaver's Cranium to the item drop system.
- [Undocumented] The Cadaver's Cranium can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- When a Heavy wearing the Cadaver's Cranium is ÜberCharged, the hat will appear darker in areas, causing a noticeable difference between the hat and the Heavy's actual skin.
- The appearance of this item is based on the various portrayals of 'Frankenstein's monster' in popular culture.
- The developmental name for this hat was "Frank's Hat" and it originally featured 2 bolts going into the sides of the Heavy's neck alongside the rest of the cosmetic. These bolts were removed when the cosmetic was initially added to the game by Valve.
- Like several other Halloween-themed hats, the Cadaver's Cranium does not have a randomly generated level when found or purchased. The item level is always 31, presumably because the Halloween holiday falls on the 31st day of October.
- Cadaver is another word for a dead human body, and is often used to describe a body used in medical training or research.
- Despite being a Frankenstein themed cosmetic, this does not appear in the Frankenheavy cosmetic set,and instead is replaced with the Can Opener.