From Team Fortress Wiki
Cadaver's Cranium is a community-created cosmetic item for the Heavy. It is an enlarged forehead stapled to the Heavy's skull, with thin black hair on top. It is based on the various portrayals of 'Frankenstein's monster' in popular culture.
- The Cadaver's Cranium was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added Cadaver's Cranium to the item drop system.
- [Undocumented] The Cadaver's Cranium can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- When a Heavy wearing the Cadaver's Cranium is ÜberCharged, the hat will appear darker in areas, causing a noticeable difference between the hat and the Heavy's actual skin.
- The developmental name for this hat was "Frank's Hat" and it had 2 bolts going into the sides of the Heavy's neck, before Valve renamed it and added it to the Scream Fortress update.
- Like several other Halloween hats, the Cadaver's Cranium does not have a randomly generated level when found or purchased. The level is always 31, presumably because Halloween falls on the 31st day of October.
- Cadaver is another word for a dead human body, often used to describe a body in medical training or research.