This article is about the map. For the All-class cosmetic item, see Terror-antula.
Terror has multiple variations, including Smissmas.
|Release date:||October 5, 2021|
|Last updated:||October 22, 2021|
|Developer(s):||🎃 ICS 👻|
|Hazards:||Pumpkin bombs, Pitfalls,|
Stygian waters, Ghost, Skeletons
|Health drain, Lava|
|Health Kits:||×8 • ×9|
|Ammo Boxes:||×7 • ×7 • ×6|
Terror is a community-made Payload map released during the Scream Fortress 2021 update. It is set in an area located somewhere between Carnival of Carnage and Gravestone where Gonzo, the brother of the Ancient Sumerian circus god Bonzo, inhabits. BLU team is tasked with pushing the Payload into the maw of Gonzo whereas RED is tasked with defending him. Like, Brimstone, the track has a point where the Cart can take one of two alternate routes.
Once the game has progressed enough, several coffins around the map will open and reveal a shining bright light. Approaching the coffin takes the player to the Underworld, where several rare magic spells are located.
Terror was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
|“Gotta move that gear up!”
This article may contain content that is out of date. You can help improve this article by updating the content as necessary. See the wiki style guide.
Notes: Cart has at least two different paths it can take. See references.
- Front yard: Usually the first battlefield on the map, located right outside of the BLU spawn.
- Low-hanging Roof: Adjacent to the BLU's spawn building, there is a section of the roof hanging relatively low, making it accessible to everyone. Engineers can also construct buildings here.
- RED Shed: After traversing the Front Yard, Cart will continue its journey through the RED Shed, a large wooden building stretching from one side of the map to the other.
- Rocks: A group of large boulders can be seen standing just beside the first checkpoint itself.
- Crossing: A building reminiscent of a border crossing. It separates the Slope from the area of checkpoint A. Also serves as a flank route to the Cliffside Shed.
- Slope: Once the first checkpoint is captured, the Cart will make a turn to the left and start descending down a slope.
- Old Geeser: Next to the Slope is a rather small house called Old Geeser.
- Cliffside Shed: Opposite the Old Geeser is a tiny, wooden shed hanging of the cliff.
- Mann Manor: After descending down the Slope, the Cart will make two right turns and enter a compact area in between the Mann Manor and Old Geeser.
- Bridge: Directly connecting the two aforementioned buildings is a bridge running above the cart's tracks.
- Tree: In one of the corners, a dead tree surrounded by a group of rocks can be found.
- Casali Shafting: The entire Checkpoint D, aswell as the area around it, is located inside the Casali Shafting building. The largest building on the entire map.
- Flank House: On the right flank is a house directly connected to the Casali Shafting building, offering another way of entry.
- Outhouse: There is a miniscule outhouse hanging by the Pit. It usually contains nothing of interest except a couple of spells.
- Pit: This is the giant hole in which the BLU throws the Cart, thus ending the round.
Main article: Community Terror strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
October 5, 2021 Patch (Scream Fortress 2021)
- Added Terror to the game.
- Fixed RED players sometimes spawning into 2nd RED spawn instead of 1st one.
- Fixed a cosmetic issue with RED spawn door in the 2nd spawn area.
- Fixed players being able to see out of map.
- Added a 2 spots for collectable gargoyle to spawn in.
- Added missing nav for bots in the underworld.
- Fixed few exploits where players could get out of the map.
- Increased spawn time interval of normal spellbooks.
- Fixed visual issue during warmup period regarding track models floating in air.
- Adjusted Payload track select logic to fix rare issue with cart going off track.
- Improved clipping.
- [Undocumented] Fixed out of bounds exploits
- [Undocumented] Improved clipping
- The cart can occasionally derail itself when rolling backwards.
- This map is named after the HMS Terror, a ship lost alongside the HMS Erebus in the Franklin Expedition.
- ↑ One of the possible cart tracks. Another possible cart track, in the same position.
- ↑ Creator confirming reference.