Soul-Mill has multiple variations, including Arena, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, and Smissmas.
|Map type||King of the Hill|
|Release date:||October 5, 2022|
|Last updated:||October 11, 2022|
The logs are back, and this time they're pining for revenge!
— Soul-Mill publicity blurb
Soul-Mill is a community-created King of the Hill map added in the Scream Fortress 2022 update. Transparent and ghoulish saws have replaced the metal ones near the point and one saw occasionally spawns moving around on various points in the map.
Soul-Mill was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Waterfall: Located on the right hand side of RED's spawn area, the waterfall flows down from a gray cliff into the center of a large lake. Logs form a floating path across the lake, although the water itself is shallow. A mini health kit can be found in the center of the logs. There is also an obvious 'hidden' path that goes behind the waterfall and can be used in case of watchful enemy eyes.
- The Cave: A cavern makes a wide loop around one side of the map behind the waterfall featuring a medium health-pack, and can be defended at either end.
- Log Shed: On the right hand side of BLU's spawn area is a wide shed, standing over a flooded ditch filled with radioactive barrels, and coffins. A medium health kit sits on a pile of planks within the shed.
- Center Shed: The center of the map is dominated by a large shed that houses multiple entries for either team. Within the center of the shed is the map's control point. Two large, circular ghost Head Saws move linear to the control point, generating large amounts of noise, and serve as deadly obstacles to players as they attempt to capture the point. Logs are suspended above the area.
- Rooftops: Outside each spawn room are walkways which lead to the roof of the building directly across from them. Another wooden plank connects these rooftops to the Alcoves inside the Center Shed.
- The Alcoves: On either side of the control point, perpendicular to the sides dominated by the blades, are two windowed ledges, with stairs leading down to the ground floor.
- The Underworld: When the point is captured all players are transported to the Underworld. In it, a variety of overworld areas are shown, being twisted and corrupted by the haunted Hellscape. The Log Shed as well as the building on Red side that leads up to the roof are present. The large portal in the Underworld behind the main entrance functions as another way to escape, and offers additional damage resistances upon exit. The exits spawn players at the base of the waterfall instead of at spawns.
Main article: Community Soul-Mill strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
October 5, 2022 Patch (Scream Fortress 2022)
- Added Soul-Mill to the game.
- Fixed players sometimes spawning inside each other.
- Fixed a bug where players could be stuck with low-gravity.
- Fixed a bug where players could hit their head on the kill trigger for catapulted enemies appearing from the underworlds deathpit.
- Fixed RED team portal to the underworld not enabling.
- This map features several references to popular horror media:
- Near the side entrance to the point, there is a skeleton that has been impaled by a chainsaw, which references Evil Dead II.
- Outside of BLU spawn there is a hockey mask with an axe through it, which references Friday The 13th Part III.
- Towards RED side, near the point there is a saw trap located behind a wall, which references the game Until Dawn, where a similar trap is encountered, and references the Saw movie franchise.
- Towards BLU side, near the entrance to the Log Shed is a small arm severed by a mouse trap.