|Map type||Capture the Flag|
|Release date:||October 5, 2022|
|Last updated:||October 18, 2022|
|Developer(s):||Lauren "Yrrzy" Godfrey|
Ase "pont" Kirkham
Liam "Diva Dan" Moffitt
Benjamin "Benjamoose" Rudman
Kimberly "iiboharz" Riswick
|Health Kits:||×8 • ×2|
|Ammo Boxes:||×12 • ×3|
Introducing the newest Halloween boss: YOU! Become a Towering Giant through the power of Mad Science!
— Crasher publicity blurb
Crasher, known as "Crasher!" on the loading screen and scoreboard, is a community-created Capture the Flag map added in the Scream Fortress 2022 update. It uses a unique version of the game mode in which the teams must each take their own Intelligence (a barrel bomb) to the opposing team's gate (found inside their spawn area) rather than take the opposing team's Intelligence away from them. Victory is achieved when the opposing gate is bombed three times.
Two competing scientists, Dr. Freakinhuge (RED) and Prof. Bigginsize (BLU), serve as the map's announcers and each castle's custodian. Each has his own "growth ray" invention that, when activated, increases the size of whichever mercenary walks into the intelligence. Along with growing larger in size, each "giant" gains increased health and a lifelong crit boost. Unlike standard Capture the Flag, the bomb is returned to its initial position upon the death of its carrier.
Both Dr. Freakinhuge and Prof. Bigginsize are voiced by Benjamin Rudman.
Crasher was contributed to the Steam workshop.
- Resupply room: Both teams begin the match inside large castles, with a single resupply room overlooking the starting position of their respective bomb.
- Castle interior: A large machine deploys the team's bomb just inside their gate. Exits from the castle are located to either side of the gate. This area is fully accessible to the opposing team.
- Bomb goal: Each team has a control point outside their castle where the opposing team must bring their bomb. Beyond the point is an inaccessible road.
- Archway: The only way into the courtyard is through a set of four arches directly opposite the castle gate. A palisade overlooks the archways and must be circled to reach the goal.
- Upper path: A small cobble-paved platform on either side of the village. Each side has a tavern that can be entered and a path to the smallest of their respective castle's archways.
- Taverns: Two single-room buildings on opposite sides of the upper path. They each contain a medium health kit, a medium ammo box, and a pumpkin bomb.
- Bridge: At the middle of the map, and the center of the symmetrical village is a single bridge connecting the upper path of the village.
- Low path: A dirt path that leads directly between each team's bomb goal. branches out into two small basements beneath the bridge, and a large ammo box sits beneath it.
- Basements: Two opposite areas which connect back to the upper path behind the taverns. Both sides contain a medium health kit and a medium ammo box beside a pumpkin bomb.
Carrying the Intelligence
A player carrying the Intelligence receives these attributes:
- 3x the normal size
- 20x max health
- Lifelong crit boost
- -75% reduction in push force taken from damage
- -75% reduction in airblast vulnerability
- Immunity to backstabs
- Immunity to fall damage
- -75% health from healers
- -90% health from healthpacks
- -100% maximum overheal
- 25% slower move speed
- Reduced jump height
The Intelligence acts like a Level 1 Dispenser, replenishing health, ammo, metal, and reducing debuff time for both the courier and nearby teammates. Medics healing the courier also build their ÜberCharge at half the normal rate because of this.
Dropping the Intelligence (default key: L) kills the carrier.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- Added Crasher to the game.
- Fixed some instances of the announcer being interrupted by casual mode lines.
- Cleaned up some logic safeguards that have proven unnecessary post-release.
- Fixed giant deaths despawning pumpkin bombs.
- Fixed nag lines not properly disabling on first flag pickup.
- Extended non-buildable area around flag to prevent blocking giants.
- Fixed BLU flag outline not displaying properly when home.
- Tweaked nag line preparation to ensure it works correctly for both teams.
- Potential fix for casual mode lines still interrupting announcer despite being muted.
- Potential fix for edge case where giants are not killed when dropping or capturing a flag on high-load servers.
- Giant medics will no longer mirror blast jumps above certain speeds.
- Fixed Dispenser sometimes not properly attaching to giants.
- Fixed having multiple giants for the same team at the same time.
- Giants should more reliably be killed when they drop or capture a flag.
- Fixed a minor clipping issue on the ammo pickup by the arches.
- Fixed a problem on
ctf_crasherrelated to infinite giants.
- Fixed an edge case where a Giant's attributes weren't always granted properly
- Fixed an edge case where if a Giant died before their door opened it would open and not receive the close input
- Fixed an instance where a player could become trapped inside the opposing team's door
- The village's name, Riesenstadt, is a German word for megalopolis, literally, "giant town".
- Under the center of the level, a pixelized version of a red crewmate from the game Among Us can be found.