What are those weeping crybabies sniveling about now?
— Saxton Hale
The Saxton Hale Mask is a cosmetic item for all classes. It is a brown paper bag with the face of Saxton Hale, CEO of Mann Co., depicted on it with orange horns drawn over his head.
While wearing this item, the player is immune to the Horseless Headless Horsemann's "Boo" taunt, but will still be vulnerable to being frightened by ghosts.
This item can only be obtained via a crafting recipe which combines the 9 unique Halloween Masks from the 2010 Halloween Event together.
October 27, 2010 Patch (Scream Fortress Update)
- The Saxton Hale Mask was added to the game.
October 28, 2010 Patch
- Fixed trading the Saxton Hale Mask granting the achievement to the recipient.
November 19, 2010 Patch #1
- Fixed a problem with the Sackston Hale achievement sometimes not being awarded correctly.
- This item does not work with the Rebuild Headgear crafting recipe.
- The artwork on the mask was done by TF2 comic artist Michael Oeming, who drew at least five of the earlier Team Fortress 2 comics.