Don't fret, boyo. I'll be gentle!
— The Demoman on his voodoo practices
The Voodoo Juju is a cosmetic item for all classes. It is a low, gray top hat with a low brim, that has been decorated with a skull surrounded by hearts, skeletal fingers and two gold rings piercing the rim.
This item was available for purchase from the Mann Co. Store for a limited time during the Scream Fortress event, which ran from October 27 until November 8, 2010.
Using the Fabricate Halloween Headgear recipe once yielded a 50% chance of crafting either a Voodoo Juju or Spine-Chilling Skull. As of the Very Scary Halloween Special Update, this is no longer possible as the recipe only results in one of three 2011 Spine-Chilling Skulls.
October 27, 2010 Patch (Scream Fortress Update)
- [Undocumented] The Voodoo Juju was added to the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] Some untradable Voodoo Jujus were made tradable.
October 27, 2011 Patch (Very Scary Halloween Special)
- [Undocumented] The Voodoo Juju is no longer craftable.
October 29, 2014 Patch (Scream Fortress 2014)
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- [Undocumented] Added the Limited attribute to the Voodoo Juju.
- The Voodoo Juju is influenced by the Voodoo culture of Louisiana and Haiti.
- Juju, a word of West African origin, refers to the supernatural power ascribed to an object.
- The level of the Voodoo Juju is always level 31, referencing that Halloween is on the 31st of October.
- According to Valve, this hat was modeled by the same man that made Gollum's face in The Lord of the Rings film trilogy.