|Map type||Capture the Flag|
|Release date:||October 5, 2022|
|Last updated:||October 5, 2022|
Ryan "Chill" Foy
Helltrain is a community-created Capture the Flag map added in the Scream Fortress 2022 update.
In Helltrain, the teams fight across two gigantic, mansion-sized trains which ride forward through a variety of environments. Each team's Intelligence is stylized as the "coal core" and must be retrieved from deep within the mansion of the opposite train. Both of these mansions are identical, albeit mirrored, to the other.
Every time the trains enter a new environment, a giant slot machine is rolled and applies a random status effect to all players. This can include Jarate, high jump, crit boost, extended torsos, a speed boost, invisibility, or a trip to the circus environment.
Helltrain was contributed to the Steam workshop.
- Broken stairwell: A staircase with a bottomless pit in the floor. Has an exit to the front of the train.
- Hallway: A long Hall that connects the broken stairwell with the pit outside of the resupply room. There are stairs at the end.
- Resupply pit: A small pit outside the resupply room. Connects directly or indirectly to the rest of the lowest floor.
- Resupply room: A small resupply room. Has exits both into and above the connecting pit and has a portal in a vent to the library above the intelligence.
- Boiler: A cramped space connecting to the broken stairwell.
- Engine room: A large, flat space with pickups in one corner.
- Grand foyer: A flat arena with a piano, surrounded by stairs.
- Broken hall: Another staircase room, but with a large hole smashed in one wall.
- Intelligence room: A small sitting room with a fireplace.
- Back hallway: The farthest back area of the trains. Has outdoor access and a spellbook at the farthest end.
- Library: The highest point of the trains, directly above the Intelligence room. Contains a resupply cabinet.
- Bridge: The connection between the two trains. There's a platform space under the bridge with launch-pads to the middle level of either train.
- Roofing: An exterior area of the trains' middle level.
- Front: A large flat area at the front of each train. Not much of note, but surprisingly the plows of both trains can be dropped down to and stood on.
- Ramp: A long ramp that connects all three floors, on the opposite side of the trains from the connecting bridge. Can only be accessed from the interior.
- Floating islands: A giant glowing castle overlooks a town, all suspended on floating islands beneath a purple moon. The train passes under a fractured bridge here.
- Frame bridge: The train crosses a river beneath a megalithic bridge frame. A forest of dead trees stands to either side of the track.
- Sea floor: A bridge over a glowing purple crevasse dead in the ocean. Naval mines are scattered about the landscape.
- Hell: A black castle sits upon a cliff to the right of the trains, and a Volcano rises out an ocean of lava to the left. The train passes beneath an aqueduct of lava here.
- Canyon: A large canyon. The lights of a circus can be seen up on a nearby cliff.
- Circus: This scene only occurs if it is rolled on the status effect slot machine. The tracks are suspended high into the air above a town of circus tents, and passes through a gate before plummeting down a sheer drop, passing through a glowing tunnel and then circling a loop-de-loop. The player character screams as this happens.
If the teams are tied when time runs out, all players are sent to hell for a tie-breaker bonus game. All players are set to third person view and are restricted to melee weapons. They then are set loose on a small area of platforms which will sink one at a time into a sea of lava. The last team standing is declared the winner.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
October 5, 2022 Patch (Scream Fortress 2022)
- Added Helltrain to the game.
- Far away from the map, there is a small cell used to store ghosts when they are not on the map. Inside, a lone misaligned ghost with a hat never seems to be called out into the play area.