Viaduct has multiple variations, including Halloween.
|Map type||King of the Hill|
|Release date:||August 13, 2009 Patch|
...Both teams start at the base of a low hill, and will have to climb to get to the capture point at the hill’s peak. The various elevations of the map and multiple routes to the central point guarantee some frenzied battles as the point changes hands during gameplay.
— The Classless Update
Viaduct is a King of the Hill map. Along with Nucleus and Sawmill, it was released with the Classless Update as the first official King of the Hill map for Team Fortress 2.
Note: If you are having trouble with finding the locations listed here, you can scroll down to the Helpful overview section to see their exact position marked on the map.
- The Summit: The highest area of Viaduct, where the control point is located.
- The Hill: A hill with Ledges overlooking the point, one on each side.
- The Shack: A concrete platform and lean-to shack with a Medium Ammo Pickup back under the Viaduct, a common nesting location.
- The Stairs: The access from the Shack to the Medium Health and Ammo Pickups and route from Spawn.
- The Scullery (House): Fringing the Summit on either side is a building, with a sheltered Catwalk leading to the Ledge.
- The Valley: The small low area behind the Scullery house between the Spawn area exits.
- Spawn Yard: Between the Spawn and the Valley is the Yard which gives way to the three entrances to the Valley.
1. Spawn Yard 2. Transition Building 3. Valley 4. Scullery (House) 5. Stairs 6. Hills 7. Control Point summit
Main article: Community Viaduct strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
Control Point timing
August 13, 2009 Patch (Classless Update)
- Added Viaduct to the game.
- Reduced the capture time for the control point from 6 seconds to 3 seconds.
October 27, 2011 Patch (Very Scary Halloween Special)
- Viaduct has been haunted and is now... Eyeaduct!
- Players can no longer build in spawn room rafters.
- Updated several maps to support Competitive Mode.
- Valve initially claimed Viaduct to be the first-ever TF2 map with snow. Due to the outcry from hundreds of community-members citing custom maps made before Viaduct, Valve rescinded this claim, and the employees responsible were "bludgeoned to pieces by [their] crack security team".
- Viaduct has two official "making of" videos created by Valve. The videos show how the map was designed and created from the ground-up to the final product using Valve's Hammer World Editor. The video also features a special version of Rocket Jump Waltz. (Part 1 and Part 2)
- Creating Viaduct (Part 1)
- Creating Viaduct (Part 2)
- Product ("Viaduct Pro")
- The Classless Update: Day 2 - King of the Hill game mode, Viaduct, Nucleus (King of the Hill) and Sawmill (King of the Hill) maps