| Basic information
| Map type
|| King of the Hill
| File name:
| Map Info
|| Daylight, snowy
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
| Ammo Boxes:
| Map Photos
| Map Overview
...Both teams start at the base of a low hill, and will have to climb to get to the capture point at the hill’s peak. The various elevations of the map and multiple routes to the central point guarantee some frenzied battles as the point changes hands during gameplay.
— The Classless Update
has multiple variations, including Halloween
Viaduct is a King of the Hill map. Along with Nucleus and Sawmill, it was released with the Classless Update as the first official King of the Hill maps for Team Fortress 2.
- The Summit: The topmost area of Viaduct, where the control point is located.
- The Scullery (House): Fringing the summit on either side is a building, with sheltered catwalks leading onto ledges on either side.
- The Hill: A hill overlooking the point, one on each side.
- Valley: The small area behind the house between the spawn area exits
- Spawn Yard: Between the spawn and the Valley is the yard which gives way to the three entrances to the valley.
The Summit, Control Point
The Hill, overlooking the point
Control Point timing
| Control Point
August 13, 2009 Patch (Classless Update)
- Added Viaduct to the game.
August 25, 2010 Patch
- Reduced the capture time for the control point from 6 seconds to 3 seconds.
October 27, 2011 Patch (Very Scary Halloween Special)
- Viaduct has been haunted and is now... Eyeaduct!
July 10, 2013 Patch
- Players can no longer build in spawn room rafters.
February 29, 2016 Patch
- Valve initially claimed Viaduct to be the first-ever TF2 map with snow. Due to the outcry from hundreds of community-members citing custom maps made before Viaduct, Valve rescinded this claim and the employees responsible were "bludgeoned to pieces by [their] crack security team".
- Viaduct has two official "making of" videos created by Valve. The videos show how the map was designed and created from the ground-up to the final product using Valve's Hammer World Editor. The video also features a special version of Rocket Jump Waltz. (Part 1 and Part 2)
- ↑ "Theft is a Dish Best Served Cold" - TF2 Official Blog post, August 12, 2009.