|File name:|| |
|Release date:||October 10, 2019|
|Last updated:||October 24, 2019|
|Developer(s):|| Cory "The Horse Strangler" De La Torre|
|Hazards:|| Pitfalls, Ghosts, Skeletons,|
|Health Kits:||×0 • ×0 • ×0|
|Ammo Boxes:||×0 • ×0 • ×0|
The map is noted for having a more than usual number of chokes along narrow, relatively straight routes, a couple being particular strong at Points A and D, both requiring exceptionally coordinated team play to defeat any sort of organized defense.
The cauldron on the Cart contains a brew that sloshes as players Capture it. At the start of the round, the content of the cauldron only steams and simmers, but after about 15 seconds it starts to boil. Another 15 seconds later, the cauldron starts to bubble over. After another thirty seconds, for a total of a minute, the cauldron pops off one or more spell effects; a large, but brittle, BLU-allied Skeleton can be summoned from the earth on BLU's side of the cauldron. Sometimes, a small random number of BLU Normal Skeletons might jump out of the cauldron. A "tornado" can shield pushers from explosions. One to three Magic Spells could spawn around the cauldron. Sometimes supercharged healing beams can help BLU players in the vicinity or the cauldron can suddenly heal at triple rate! Any combination of these effects can happen at the same time. When any of these effects occur, the cauldron simmers down, resetting the effect timer. This event is also triggered when either of the first two points are captured.
The BLU team starts at their headquarters with the Payload, with the first checkpoint right around the corner from where they start.
- Headquarters (BLU Spawn): The initial respawn and resupply area is in a Blue Corn Co. mill with three exits, two for the left and one for the right. The center-most exit deposits players directly onto the cart in the middle of a field, whereas the far left exit leads to an elevated area to the side of the Payload. The right exit, meanwhile, allows players to take a route slightly further ahead of the Payload. There are two resupply cabinets: one located in the middle of the respawn room and one in the hallway to the right spawn exit.
- Courtyard: Located directly outside the respawn building is the courtyard where the Payload track starts. This courtyard features basic elevated platforms and partial walling. The only building in this courtyard (other than the BLU spawn) houses the only health kit for this area.
- Buildings: At the end of the courtyard lies the first checkpoint. On the left of the checkpoint is a series of buildings, which not only connect from checkpoint A to checkpoint B but also house a RED resupply room. On the right of the checkpoint lies the cliff edge, which acts as an environmental hazard for any classes that fall off.
RED initially respawns at the neutral spawn about halfway along the map with two gates, one a shortcut to the first point. Capturing the first point closes that short route.
Checkpoint B is located running parallel to a series of hallways, with the cliff edge running on its other side.
- Loading Zone: Beyond the checkpoint A choke is a wider area around which RED defenders can spread out, but focus their attention and fire on the single BLU access.
- Lean-to: Left of the single BLU access is a Lean-to shack offering excellent cover for an Engineer's nest.
- Buildings: Continuing on from checkpoint A are a series of elevated hallways running through the two sections. A RED resupply room is featured, as well as a one-way door that allows players to step onto the patio surrounding the cart track. The other end of the hallway deposits directly in front of checkpoint B, with the aforementioned patio circling the outer perimeter of the building.
- Cliff Edge: The cliff also continues from checkpoint A, growing in size to be a more formidable threat.
- Shacks: Hanging on the cliff are two shacks. The first shack has a staircase leading up to a three-walled room, with health and ammo present. The second stops right before the cliff, with a treacherous platform hanging off with the promise of ammo. This platform is situated directly opposite of the RED resupply room, with a sign acting as a barrier between the two.
Capturing the second point moves RED respawn to their final base and moves BLU respawn to Point A.
Checkpoint C is located tightly within a tunnel. At the end of this tunnel is a hallway, and to the outside is a path running parallel.
- Flank: Just before the entrance to the cave lies a one-way gate to the right, only opening from the defending team's side. Once Checkpoint C is captured, this gate opens permanently, allowing access from both sides.
- Caves: To the left is the path which the Payload track follows, going into a tight mining tunnel. At the end of this tunnel is a platform, connected to a hallway that ultimately leads to the final control point. There are also two inlays in the center of the tunnel, one with health and ammo, allowing players to take cover.
Capturing the third point moves BLU respawn to the neutral respawn.
The final checkpoint lies behind two main pushes. The first one requires teams to push through the gates of an open shipping yard, where cover is plentiful and some minimal flanking is available. The second one opens up into a center surrounded by a building, where numerous hallways and vantage points allow the cart to be seen from just about every angle.
- Shipping Yard: Between points C and D lies an open yard with various shipping containers and crates. To the left of this yard is the hallway that connects C to D, acting as a way for classes to traverse between the points without having to take the frontlines. There is also a broken dock, which can act as a smaller-scale side route.
- Pool of Souls: Situated in the center of a hallway complex, the Final Point is a wide, open space, directly exposed to pathways both around and above the Payload track.
- Hallways: Similar to the final point on Upward, a RED respawn room is inside the walls of a building, Captain Dan's Wood Pulp mill. This building has multiple narrow, small hallways, with the outside wrapped in patios. This route allows for great visibility on the Payload cart and is easily accessible by either team.
- Hidden Room: When standing on the balcony on the left side (when facing the point), one can see another balcony on the other side reachable only by technical Jumping. In this room is a medium health pack and a small ammo pack. A ghost also spawns here and spawns from the door and leaves through the other door on the balcony.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- After the third capture, the BLU Normal Skeleton spawns usually fail to crawl back out of the ground. The Developer accepts this as a serendipitous balancing factor.
- A rock with a smiley face drawn onto it can be found by the side around the second point. This is in reference to Rockington, a character featured in a video made by YouTuber JonTron.
The developer room that houses the Ghost when not in use.