Eyeaduct is an official King of the Hill map, released as part of the Very Scary Halloween Special on October 27, 2011. It is the Halloween version of Viaduct. Similar to Ghost Fort and Mann Manor, Eyeduct has spawning Soul Gargoyles, pumpkin bombs, and a boss.
Note: If you're having trouble with finding the locations listed here, you can scroll down to the Helpful overview section to see their exact position marked on the map.
- The Summit: The highest area of Viaduct, where the control point is located.
- The Hill: A hill with Ledges overlooking the point, one on each side.
- The Shack: A concrete platform and lean-to shack with a Medium Ammo Pickup back under the Viaduct, a common nesting location.
- The Stairs: The access from the Shack to the Medium Health and Ammo Pickups and route from Spawn.
- The Scullery (House): Fringing the Summit on either side is a building, with a sheltered Catwalk leading to the Ledge.
- The Valley: The small low area behind the Scullery house between the Spawn area exits.
- Spawn Yard: Between the Spawn and the Valley is the Yard which gives way to the three entrances to the Valley.
Overview of the map, with gifts, now spawning Soul Gargoyles. (Large file)
Overview of the underworld, with gifts. (Large file)
Similar to the previous year's Halloween event map, Mann Manor, Eyeaduct has spawning Soul Gargoyles, pumpkin bombs, and a boss. It also includes the haunting ghosts of 2009's Halloween event map, Harvest Event. The ghosts will not appear until the point has been captured by one of the teams. The boss will appear only while 10 people are playing.
MONOCULUS haunts this map much the same way that Horseless Headless Horsemann haunts Mann Manor; he will spawn on a Control point, roam the map, and attack players and buildings of either team. He may arrive at any phase after "waiting for players" mode, including before the activation of the control point and during humiliation.
Eyeaduct features an Underworld, which is usually only reachable through portals that are created when MONOCULUS teleports or is killed. When MONOCULUS teleports, he leaves behind a purple portal, which has considerable attractive force and remains active for a few seconds. If players get close enough to the portal before it closes, they are restored to full health and transported to one end of a chain of small islands named Purgatory. Players on the islands suffer a health drain similar to bleeding, which continues as long as they remain there, and increases in damage with time. Teleporters and other buildings cannot be placed in the Underworld.
At the far end of the islands is a glowing white portal back into the map. Players must jump, be knocked back, or be airblasted by an enemy to reach the portal, as falling into the waters of the Underworld will cause the player to die. Stepping into the white portal instantly teleports the player back into the main map, and grants invulnerability, a 200% overheal, a speed boost, and a crit boost for a limited time.
When MONOCULUS is killed, he leaves behind a floating Bombinomicon. Players who enter the Bombinomicon are teleported to Loot Island, another section of the Underworld just beyond the regular island, with a small hill leading to a large skull-shaped formation. The normal Underworld health drain is not in effect on Loot Island. Upon entering the formation, players await a cage to descend, allowing them to jump into the Bombinomicon. If a player enters the Bombinomicon, they are teleported back to the map, granted the achievement Dive Into A Good Book, given the Bombinomicon item (if neither have been earned yet), and buffed identically to exiting the Underworld through the white portal. Those who stay behind for too long are engulfed in an explosion that will instantly kill anyone caught in it.
Soul Gargoyles spawn on the map for each player individually during game play. The first notification of the Soul Gargoyle is vocally announced to the player by Merasmus, and repeated notifications may appear until the player grabs the Pickup or it disappears. Only the player for which the Soul Gargoyle has spawned sees the notifications or the Pickup. During Halloween Events, picking up a Soul Gargoyle scores the player 10 additional collected souls.
- Note: This map was originally released with Haunted Halloween Gifts spawning on the map during Halloween Events; this feature was replaced with Soul Gargoyles in Scream Fortress 2015.
- Items from those few Haunted Halloween Gift Pickups found in Purgatory were the original Haunted items.
At the start of humiliation, all surviving players not in the Underworld are transported to the same Purgatory islands reached through the purple MONOCULUS portals during normal play. However, some players may materialize near to the white portal rather than in the usual starting location. Members of the losing team can take the white portal back to the main map, but receive no invulnerability or crit boost when they do; the white portal works as usual for the winning team.
7.Summit with the point
Red diagonal lines: Red spawnroom
Blue diagonal lines: Blu spawnroom
Green circle: The hill/control point
Control Point timing
||Attack o' Lantern|
Cause the deaths of 5 players by exploding nearby pumpkin bombs.
Kill a player scared by a ghost.
||Dive Into a Good Book|
Get to Loot Island and claim your reward!
October 27, 2011 Patch (Very Scary Halloween Special)
- Added Eyeaduct to the game.
November 3, 2015 Patch
- Updated the Monoculus battle on Eyeaduct to call a temporary truce between the teams while fighting the boss.
October 9, 2020 Patch
- Fixed Engineers building Teleporters in the spawn rooms.
- The Bombinomicon on Loot Island, when observed from behind, has a price tag attached to it on the bottom that reads, "$6.66". It also has a full written summary of the Bombinomicon and quotes from critics at the bottom.
- The inside of the Bombonomicon contains the Anatomy of a Demoman, similar to Leonardo Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man, and several pictures of rocks.
- A page in the Bombinomicon shows two chemical diagrams. The chemicals shown in the book are trinitrotoluene (C6H2(NO2)3CH3) and nitroglycerin (C3N3H5O9). Trinitrotoluene is an explosive material, also known as TNT, and commonly used in making bombs. Nitroglycerin was the first explosive produced that was more powerful than black powder; extremely unstable, was used both in military and medical applications.
- There is a small room with stone walls and a black floor beside the Underworld that is only accessible using noclip, used for the Underworld's water reflections.
- The player can avoid being killed in Loot Island by being ÜberCharged, drinking Bonk! Atomic Punch, or deploying the Dead Ringer as the time-limited explosion occurs.
Some Bombinomicon pages as seen in the texture file
Loot Island in the Underworld
The Control Point in the middle of Eyeaduct, seen from BLU's side
The Control Point in the middle of Eyeaduct, seen from RED's side