|Map type||Payload Race|
|Release date:||October 5, 2022|
|Last updated:||October 20, 2022|
juniper, Diva Dan
|Hazards:||Pitfalls, Flaming barrels,|
Pumpkin bombs, Saw Blade Carts,
Hellishly Hollow Horseman
|Pitfalls, Saw blades, Crushing,|
The Mann Brothers have had their souls trapped within haunted gravestones. Push your team's saw into the enemy team's grave to destroy it, release their soul, and trap it in hell for good! Maybe hack a couple enemies apart with your saw while you're at it.
— Bonesaw publicity blurb
Bonesaw is a community-created Payload Race map added in the Scream Fortress 2022 update. It is a Halloween reskin of the custom map Hacksaw.
In Bonesaw, players have to push a cart with a big saw attached to it. The saw damages players of both teams and its purpose is to cut the grave of Blutarch for RED and Redmond for BLU. After finishing the round, both teams are sent to an underworld.
Bonesaw was contributed to the Steam workshop.
Hellishly Hollow Horseman
Occasionally, the Hellishly Hollow Horseman spawns where both Payload cross paths with each other. He appears as a burning version of the Horseless Headless Horsemann. Despite having no head, the regular spawn animation is played, where he puts nothing on his shoulders. The Hellishly Hollow Horseman has unique footprints that override the regular Headless Horseshoes materials. This affects both the boss and the players who use this halloween spell on their cosmetic items.
- Cliff Side: A death pit with a medium health kit, this cliff side is near were both BLU and RED's Payload carts start.
- Spawn: Both RED and BLU, the spawns seem to take place in a storage unit area.
- Finish Point: This is where the haunted graves are with the Mann brothers souls trapped inside. The team has to stay next to cart until the "Gravedigging" process has reached 100%.
- The Underworld: Upon the destruction of a grave, both teams are transported to a fiery lumber death run track, with the winning team ahead and the losing team being able to trigger traps.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- Added Bonesaw to the game.
- Fixed not being able to push the Red cart.
- Fixed missing materials in resupply closets.
- Fixed Horseless Headless Horsemann not being visible.
- Adjusted prop fade distances.
- Added more details across the map.
- Added overlays in some spots to make Snipers more visible.
- Filled the final death pit with billowing smoke.
- Fixed perch spots around the map.
- Fixed various displacement gaps.
- Fixed z-fighting on fence props.
- Fixed being able to place teleporters too close to your own spawn doors.
- Fixed payload sawblade damage not being consistent.
- Fixed players spawning in the overworld when the underworld race is active.
- Fixed being able to use Bonk! Atomic Punch to bypass the stun speed in the underworld race.
- Fixed being able to use the Phlogistinator to damage players in the underworld race (Thanks Barno and pinewabble!).
- Fixed errors caused by missing gib types for crows.
- Fixed incorrect prop collisions.
- Improved fire safety.
- Prevented the HHH from falling into pits.
October 11, 2022 Patch #2
plr_hacksaw_eventto fix the Headless Horsemann not being visible.
- Changed the roofing near the finale, preventing players from walking from one barn balcony to the other.
- Replaced barn balcony windows with widened doorways to streamline movement.
- Fixed the VO in the underworld playing multiple times.
- Fixed floating candles when the graves were destroyed.
- Updated the HHH to use the new "SetModel" input.
- Delayed final capture VO so they're more audible.
- Adjusted prop fades.
- Adjusted detailing.
- Fixed broken area portals.
- Fixed skybox issue.
- Fixed HHH not animating.
- A burnt variation of the Horseless Headless Horsemann single-bladed axe exists in the map files, under the name of
c_bigaxe_burnt. It was intended to replace the regular axe used by the Hellishly Hollow Horseman, however, due to limitations, it was not possible to implement into the game and was left unused in the map files.
- Sometimes players may get stuck inside the Payload model while pushing the cart.
- Skulls can be found throughout the map; if all of them are destroyed, a change in the map occurs.