Badlands' Biggest Pumpkin has come to life and is going on a rampage. Both Blu and Red have been hired to deal with it, and you know they aren't going to work together.
— Farmageddon publicity blurb
Farmageddon is a community-created Player Destruction map. It takes place on a large farm after a record-breaking pumpkin named Gourdon has mutated into a monster. The mercenaries have been tasked with collecting Weed Killer in order to stop the pumpkin’s reign of havoc. During the match, the pumpkin lies dormant, but periodically waking up for the players to go inside of it to deposit Weed Killer pickups. Players entering are transported inside the pumpkin and have to navigate to its beating heart to deposit the Weed Killer and escape back to the main match. During the times where the pumpkin is awake, scarecrows, who are reskinned Skeletons, spawn and attack anyone close enough, dropping large Weed Killers on death. This map also features its own announcer, that being the Farmer.
Farmageddon was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
The Farmer is voiced by MegapiemanPHD.
Morice is voiced by blaholtzen, imitating Nolan North's voice for the "Pumpkin Bomb".
- Grain Shed: The barrier building between Spawn and the Machine Shed.
- Road: Flanking around the Grain Shed is a dirt road. Several medium health and ammo packs are found here, in addition to pumpkin bombs.
- Hayrack Ride: Elevated platform on the outer bend of the Road.
- Machine Shed: This is the largest building on the map, encompassing the entire central section of Farmageddon and containing the monster pumpkin that players fight around.
- Combine: There is a deadly Combine on one side of Machine Shed. Acting as an environmental death, it will swiftly shred anyone who dares to get too close.
- Machine Room: Opposite the Combine, a small wooden ledge with humming machines can be found. It offers good high ground advantage and leads up to the pumpkin's top.
The combine within the Machine Shed
The exterior of the RED Grain Shed
- Inside the Pumpkin: An area only accessible for short periods of time when the pumpkin opens its mouth. When the pumpkin closes, players will begin to take damage and the area will fill with acid that quickly depletes the player's health.
- Heart of the Pumpkin: At the center of the pumpkin lies its heart. This also acts as the deposit zone and contains a portal that brings players back to the outside.
The inside of the pumpkin
October 5, 2021 Patch
(Scream Fortress 2021
- Added Farmageddon to the game.
October 8, 2021 Patch
- Fixed asymmetrical doorways.
- Fixed players being pushed into the ground instead of killed when Gourdon's mouth closes.
October 22, 2021 Patch
- Minor lighting changes to brighten up a few spots.
.nav mesh to fix scarecrows not chasing players.
- Minor detail changes.
- Updated announcer lines so they are easier to hear.
- Removed general damage in the capture area while the point is unlocked.
October 28, 2021 Patch
- Underworld hurt trigger now works as last update explained.
- Fixed visable(sic) nodraw entity.
November 15, 2021 Patch
- Updated scarecrow logic to make damaging them more consistent.
- Fixed incorrect farmer line playing sometimes when the cap opens.
func_respawnflag back to the acid area in cap zone that mysteriously vanished.
- Fixed some floating props and beams.
- Added team specific teleporter destinations for teleporting players out of the cap zone when a round is over. This should stop players getting stuck in each other.
- Cap point open sprite should no longer appear at the start of a round if the cap opened during "waiting for players".
- Blocked off sentry spot under the ramps at mid because it was too advantageous.
- The map's name is a portmanteau of the words "Farm" and "Armageddon", the latter of which is a term generally used for end of the world scenarios.
A small Weed Killer pickup
A large Weed Killer pickup