|Map type||Control Point|
|Released:||October 9, 2023 Patch|
(Scream Fortress XV)
|Hazards:||Castle gate, pitfall|
|Health drain, pitfalls, saw blades|
|Health Kits:||×1 • ×3|
Sandcastle was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- BLU Spawn: The BLU Spawn features their resupply closet and a magic spell. It is a small area surrounded by garden fence pieces painted blue that form a wall. A xylophone is partially buried in the sand, and its keys play notes when hit, stepped on, or jumped on. There are two exits, in which one leads to the left side of the keep, and the other leads to the main battlefields.
- Battlefield: Between the Castle and the BLU Spawn is the battlefield where the majority of combat takes place. The battlefield is a large hill, with the Castle and the BLU Spawn both on lower ground. A fence and a large rock at the brow of the hill can be used as cover against fired projectile weapons from RED players or cover for BLU players firing them.
- Matches: Along the hill are two sets of flaming matches which can be used to light Sniper arrows on fire.
- Rock: A large rock at the top of the hill can be charged at by Demomen using the Chargin' Targe, Splendid Screen, or Tide Turner to propel them to the top of the Castle, bypassing the gate.
Outside Capture Points
- Point A: Point A is located to the left of the Castle, between its wall and two toy cabins. A hole in the Castle's wall allows RED to jump onto the point or attack from atop the castle. A magic spell sits in front of the toy truck, and a small hole in the Castle's wall can be entered using the Minify spell to instantly move to Point B.
- Point B: Point B is located to the right of the Castle, between the Castle's wall and the cliff-edge of the map. RED can also drop down to this point from the Castle's wall. There is also a small pathway to the cliffside next to the normal entrance that is useful for ambushing. A magic spell can be found in an alcove in the Castle's wall, and a small hole right beside it can be entered using the Minify spell to instantly move to Point A.
- Courtyard (Point C): The Courtyard is the main area of the Castle located between RED's spawn and the gate entrance, and is accessed after entering the castle through the gate. The Control Point is located in an enclosed area at the back of the Courtyard. There are a set of ramps that lead to the Castle Halls. To the right of the courtyard near the ramps, a health kit and ammo pack can be found.
- Gate: The gate is the main entrance, and the only entrance to the Castle for most players. It is a large wooden gate located at the center of the Castle's walls. The gate opens after Point A and B are captured, where it proceeds to close after 60 seconds. When the gate closes, any players standing directly beneath the gate are crushed.
- Castle Halls: The Halls are located below the Battlements and above the Courtyard, where they can be entered to the right of RED's spawn. They can be accessed through ramps in the Courtyard and the spawn room. The Hall also contains the only ramp to the Battlements, as well as the walls of the keep.
- Battlements: The top floor and walls of the Castle. Players standing here have a clear view of the Battlefield. On both sides of the walls, a break in the walls allows castle defenders to drop directly onto Control Points A and B, with a magic spell nearby. The battlements also have matches that can be used to light arrows on fire. The height advantage makes the Battlements an ideal spot for users of projectile weapons to fire from. A Demoman with any shield can access this area by Rampsliding up the big rock on the top of the Battlefield.
- RED Spawn: The RED Spawn can be found and accessed behind the Courtyard. Inside, it features RED's resupply closet and a magic spell in a room illuminated by glowing mushrooms.
- Backyard: When the round ends, a portal with the winning team's color appears in the Courtyard that only members of said team can use. Those who step on it are transported to outside the sandbox and returned to their normal size.
When points A and B are captured, the portal to the Underworld becomes available near point A. It consists of three different areas of the backyard: a tool shed, a toy train set and some toy blocks, and a grill. In the tool shed, players must dodge saw blades; in the toy train set, players must jump on the toy blocks (the train can be jumped on as well); and in the grill, players must jump on the steaks, patties, and sausages. Players who survive all three areas are returned to their respective bases with a speed boost, overheal, and a rare magic spell.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- Added Sandcastle to the game.
October 9, 2023 Patch #2
cp_degrootkeep_ratsto fix an issue with the xylophone triggers.
- Fixed missing prefix when the Strange Filter: Sandcastle (Community) item is applied to a weapon.
- Fixed players getting stuck in the door when entering the Rabbit Hole at the same time as an enemy player.
- Fixed a hidden perch in the balcony overlooking C.