|“What are you lookin' at?!”
This page or section would benefit from the addition of one or more images.
Please add a suitable image, then remove this notice. The specific instructions are: "Definitely needs more images, in-line and Gallery."
|Release date:||October 1, 2020|
|Last updated:||October 9, 2020|
|Developer(s):||Ryan "Chill" Foy|
|Hazards:||Pumpkin bombs, Pitfalls,|
Horseless Headless Horsemann,
Payload Cart explosion
|Health Kits:||×12 • ×6 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×4 • ×5 • ×10|
Bloodwater is a single-stage Payload map with four checkpoints for the BLU team to capture. It was added during the Scream Fortress 2020 update, and is a community-made Halloween-themed version of Badwater Basin. The setup timer is 1 minute and 10 seconds.
In this map, BLU must push a cart through three checkpoints all the way to RED's base. The cart drops magic spells as it moves. The clocktower shows how long until the next Witching Hour and how long until it ends. Players can try their luck in the Underworld for a chance at an advantage in the battle.
The Witching Hour is a timed-event feature. It occurs every time the minute hand on the Clocktower reaches 12 and lasts while the minute hand steps backwards around back to 12 again. The Clocktower bells announce the Witching Hour. Clockworks clunk loudly within the tower, increasing in rate to warn players of the end of the Witching Hour.
Time added if captured: 4 minutes
- BLU Spawn: BLU's first spawn has four exits. A side exit on the left faces the left fork of the middle exit. The middle exit splits left and right, with the left fork facing the Side Path and the right fork leading to the Payload. The right exit is the main exit and the largest exit, leading directly to the Payload. This exit is very vulnerable to enemy fire due to the larger entrance.
- Side Path: A small pathway that leads from BLU Spawn's left exit to the Cliffs.
- Cliffs: (also called Ridge, Above) This high ground spans from BLU's spawn to the first checkpoint. There are some rock formations for cover, but otherwise this location is open to attack. A popular location to launch kritzes from, particularly for Soldiers and Demomen.
- Tunnel: The Payload track runs through a long tunnel that cuts underneath the cliffs. The tunnel bends slightly twice, and the exit can be seen from the entrance and vice versa. Unless hidden behind the cart, players in the tunnel are very vulnerable to being sniped.
- Rocks: A U-shaped rock formation that provides cover for Snipers while allowing them to look directly at BLU's spawn. Engineers sometimes build here. There is a medium Health and Ammo pack. Some of the rocks can be climbed partially through crouch-jumping, but this makes players very vulnerable to attack.
- Bunker: (also Garage or The Alcove) A small concrete building sunk into the ground that opens directly onto the checkpoint. RED Engineers commonly build both on top of this building and inside it.
Time added if captured: 4 minutes
- Lobby: Underneath the roof is a complex of several rooms. BLU frequently prepares for assaults up the stairs to the roof here.
- Roof: The top of the building the overlooks B. Similarly to the ridge on A, whoever controls this controls the checkpoint, so Engineers on RED will attempt to secure this area.
- Front Steps and The Back Steps: The two stairways to The Roof. The front steps approach from the first checkpoint, while the back steps approach from the second checkpoint and the back yard.
- Back Roof: This large expanse of area features excellent cover and several health kits. It is an ideal place for BLU to launch volleys of spam onto the roof.
- Back Yard: (also The Courtyard) This is the large area behind the roof.
- Alcove: This is the open room opposite the checkpoint from the roof.
Time added if captured: 5 minutes
- Bridge: This enclosed bridge cuts across the knee-deep Bloodwater, forcing BLU to go underneath and face volleys of fire.
- Bridge Room: The room inside the Bridge is a common site of Engineer nests, owing to its defensibility.
- Side Room: This room provides a path from B onto the bridge. It lets out onto a deck that is popular with BLU Snipers.
- Attic: (also The Loft or The Balcony) A two-story building that BLU cannot easily access without capturing C. The heart of RED's defense while on C. The loft generally refers to the back area of the attic, while the balcony generally refers to the front areas of the attic.
- Alley: The last chokepoint before the final checkpoint. Both BLU and RED use this area as a base, and the corners are the focus of the fighting during the assault on the final checkpoint.
- Pit: The entire lower level is often called this. This is where most of the action takes place.
- Sniper Hut: (also Sniper Tower) Up a short flight of stairs, with an open window overlooking part the Pit, this is the final Sniper deck for BLU. Demomen and Soldiers often come here as well. Engineers will also occasionally forward-base here.
- Window Room: (also called the Map Room in Badwater Basin) These two rooms branch off the alley and lead to open windows that overlook the final checkpoint. The windows are frequently utilized by BLU to avoid the second corner of the alley. The room between the window room and the third checkpoint is commonly called "The Outer Map Room."
- Overhangs: (also Garages) Underneath the map room and underneath decking across from the map room are two sheltered areas that face the checkpoint. Almost always the site of Engineer nests.
- Spiral: (also Spiral Staircase) A spiral staircase rising from the lower level of the checkpoint to a deck off to the side of the Sniper Hut. RED can flank into and through the Back Yard and Chicken Wire Room this way when BLU holds the Alley. The deck is elevated enough to limit the classes on BLU that can access this flank.
- Back Yard: This is the area between the Sniper Hut and the Spiral. Small skirmishes often occur here.
- Chicken Wire Room: This is the room located between the third checkpoint and the Sniper Hut. RED often tries to flank through this room.
Bloodwater's Underworld features two areas, one made up of small islands and one with one big island with a giant horned skull. It can be accessed through the portals left by MONOCULUS whenever it teleports or dies. The portals created when it teleports take players to the small islands, and the one created when it dies takes players to the giant skull island. When players appear in the Underworld, they are fully healed and will be breifly invincible.
The small islands portion features several regular and three rare magic spells (one on each side of the white portal and one behind it), as well as a health draining effect. Going through the white portal takes players back to their spawn with temporary invincibility, speed boost, crits, and double their maximum health. Going through the giant skull's portal grants the same bonuses, plus a random rare magic spell.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- The Clocktower's clock begins moving as soon as the setup phase starts. Once the BLU doors open, the clock's hand will already be on 8, leaving only about 30 seconds until the first Witching Hour begins.
- If the Skeleton King so much as touches the cart from certain angles, he dies instantly. This always happens if he touches the front, even if the cart is completely stationary.
- The Payload cart features the jack-o'-lantern made by Medic and Engineer in the comic Gargoyles & Gravel.
The jack-o'-lantern from Gargoyles & Gravel.