The Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head is a cosmetic item for all classes. It is the head of the eponymous Horseless Headless Horsemann, complete with tree and eerie glowing inside.
This item is awarded to players who have earned the Sleepy Holl0wnd achievement, by contributing to the death of the Horseless Headless Horsemann that spawned in Mann Manor. It is available only during Halloween events.
While wearing this item, the player is immune to the Horseless Headless Horsemann's "Boo" taunt, but will still be vulnerable to being frightened from ghosts.
This item can only be worn around Halloween or during a Full Moon; at other times of the year, it does not appear in gameplay, unless the server has Halloween mode enabled. However, it can be equipped at any time and can still be viewed on the loadout screen even when it is not visible during games.
October 27, 2010 Patch (Scream Fortress Update)
- Added the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head to the game.
October 13, 2011 Patch (Manniversary Update)
- [Undocumented] Fixed Pyro's mask clipping through the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head.
October 27, 2011 Patch (Scream Fortress Very Scary Halloween Special)
- [Undocumented] Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head can now be equipped during the Full Moon.
October 29, 2014 Patch (Scream Fortress 2014)
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- There is an unused file that would allow the glow to be team-colored called
pumpkin_hat_blue.vmt. Despite this, there is no texture for a blue glow, nor is the file actually used.
- Like several other Halloween items, the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head does not have a randomly selected level; its level is always 31, referencing the date that Halloween falls, October 31st.