Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head
Look 'ere, pumpkin head. Yer all done.
— The Sniper
The Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head is an unlockable cosmetic item for all classes. It is the head of the eponymous Horseless Headless Horsemann, complete with tree and eerie glowing inside.
While wearing this item, the player is immune to the Horseless Headless Horsemann's "Boo" taunt, but will still be vulnerable to being frightened by ghosts.
This item can only be worn around Halloween or during a Full Moon; at other times of the year, it does not appear in gameplay, unless the server has Halloween mode enabled. However, it can be equipped at any time and can still be viewed on the loadout screen even when it is not visible during games.
This item is awarded to players who earn the Sleepy Holl0WND achievement, by contributing to the death of the Horseless Headless Horsemann that spawned in Mann Manor. It is available only during Halloween events.
October 27, 2010 Patch (Scream Fortress Update)
- The Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head was added to the game.
October 13, 2011 Patch (Manniversary Update & Sale)
- [Undocumented] Fixed Pyro's mask clipping through the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head.
October 27, 2011 Patch (Very Scary Halloween Special)
- [Undocumented] Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head can now be equipped during a Full Moon.
October 29, 2014 Patch (Scream Fortress 2014)
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- There is an unused file that would allow the glow to be team-colored called
pumpkin_hat_blue.vmt. Despite this, there is no texture for a blue glow, nor is the file actually used.
- Like several other Halloween items, the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head does not have a randomly selected level; its level is always 31, referencing the date that Halloween falls, October 31st.