|Map type||King of the Hill|
|Release date:||October 10, 2019 Patch|
(Scream Fortress 2019)
|Developer(s):||Aeon 'Void' Bollig|
|Environment:||Carnival / Halloween|
|Hazards:||Crocodiles, Dynamite Balloons|
|Health drain, Bomb Head,|
Pitfalls (only in certain rooms)
|Health Kits:||×6 • ×7|
|Ammo Boxes:||×6 • ×4 • ×2|
The ride never ends... no refunds!
Laughter is a fast-paced King of the Hill event map with a focus on chaos and interaction. With a handful of fully-functioning carnival games, exploding balloons, and an otherworldly Funhouse, there's something for everyone on the pier - after all, you can't spell Slaughter without... Laughter!
— Laughter publicity blurb
Laughter is a community-made King of the Hill map of the Laughing Tides Amusement Park and Boardwalk, released during the Scream Fortress 2019 update. It is a Halloween version of the custom map Slaughter.
Laughter was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Each Spawn has a shooting gallery; stand on the footprints and shoot. Upon hitting ten enemy-colored targets in a row, the player is rewarded with a Halloween pumpkin. However, if the player hits a friendly-colored target, the game is reset with appropriate sound cues.
Each side has a throwing game or two (Bottle Buster, Can-Can Ka-Blam, and Pumpkin Smash; respectively, Carnival games Bottle Stand, Tin Can Alley, and Plate Break); shoot the props to knock them around.
Hit Robotic Merasmus up for a misfortune telling.
Similar to other Scream Fortress maps, Laughter features an Underworldly Funhouse section. Periodically, doors near the control point open, which contain a portal to the Underworld. This Underworld requires players to navigate down a randomly selected Funhouse, which will contain 3 of the following:
- A twisted room
- A rotating barrel room
- A room with bouncing pads that bounce with unusual direction and force*
- A room with zig-zagging floors and ceilings
- A room with slanted platforms and rings of fire in between them*
- A room with a conveyor belt moving backward*
- An upside-down room where players must climb on several mantles to exit
- A room with several different doors in a hallway
- A room that gets increasingly small as you go along, with the exit being so small players must crouch to fit through
* = The room contains a bottomless pit (which makes it possible to die)
There is a small chance for the Bombinomicon to place a bomb on the heads of players that stay inside it for too long. Exiting in the normal way removes the bomb. Players may not place buildings in these rooms. Stepping into the last portal instantly teleports the player back into the main map, granting invulnerability, a 200% overheal, a speed boost, and a crit boost for a limited time.
Note: If you are having trouble with finding the locations listed here, you can scroll down to the Helpful overview section to see their exact position marked on the map.
See Features for a full list of rooms.
1.Badlands Bandito/Pirate's Blunder 2.Bottle Buster/Pumpkin Smash 3.Spawn Yard 4.Gift Shop/Arcade 5.Robotic Sideshow/Real Live Crocodiles 6.Stairs 7.Mike Toss/Hall of Mirrors 8.Balcony 9.Sawmill of Love/Mad Mansion
Red diagonal lines: Red spawn Blue diagonal lines: Blu spawn
Red circle: The Hill/Control point
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
October 10, 2019 Patch (Scream Fortress 2019)
- Added Laughter to the game.
- Fixed players being able to survive and build in the crocodile pit.
- Fixed an issue with the conveyor in the Funhouse.
- Fixed a spot where players could spam the Underworld exit effect.
- Fixed a sightline into the spawn rooms.
- Fixed players being able to perch on flood lights.
- Implemented additional prop fades to increase performance.
- Fixed a server crash exploit with the Shooting Galleries
- The old time spiral slide is a Helter Skelter ride.
- A Sledder's Sidekick wearing a Scout's headset can be found looking at a group of monitors within one the ending sections of the Underworld. This is a reference to the secret "Dog Ending" of the game Silent Hill 2. The monitor screens show various locations from Slaughter, the original non-event version of Laughter.
- The map contains multiple Easter eggs referencing popular online streamers:
- An attraction just outside of the RED spawn is called J. Elbertson's Robotic Sideshow. This is a reference to the streamer Jerma985.
- One of the two shops behind the RED spawn is named Vinny's Water Ice. This is a reference to Vinny, streamer and founder of Vinesauce.
- Behind the window on the upper floor of the RED tunnel, a skull with glowing red eyes can be seen, wearing a blue Toadstool Topper with Grenadier Helm's horns. This is a reference to Vargskelethor Joel, another Vinesauce streamer.
- Four other skulls are hidden through the map:
- One skull has a glowing blue eye and a Paka Parka's collar, and can be found on the inaccessible pizza shop on the terrace behind the BLU spawn. This is a reference to Sans, a character from the game Undertale.
- Another skull is green and wears a BLU Pyromancer's Hood, and can be found behind the Madd Manor building on the roof. This skull bears a resemblance to Skeletor, the main antagonist of the Masters of the Universe franchise.
- A third skull has red eyes and is tipping an Ebenezer, and can be found in the queue area above the gift shop. This is a reference to the titular character of the internet meme "Mr. Bones' Wild Ride".
- The last skull wears a Ye Olde Baker Boy, and can be found on the platform to the Ferris wheel.
- A Horseless Headless Horsemann animatronic can be found propped up against a Necro Smasher at the Pumpkin Smash attraction. Hitting it will cause it to play various voice responses.
- Another Horsemann animatronic can be found broken in a sewer tunnel below the RED spawn. Shooting it will cause it to play various Demoman Robot voice responses.
- In the gift shop, license plates reading "BORT" can be found. This is a reference to a joke in the "Itchy & Scratchy Land" episode of The Simpsons.
- Posters for "Yeti Cakes" and "Moffitt Tops" can also be found within the gift shop. These are a reference to similar posters featured in the game Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
- A skeleton wearing a BLU Foul Cowl can be found peeking out of a coffin in the Monster Basher.
- Outside the Tunnel of Love near RED spawn, two Archimedes doves can be found on the rails close to the rooftops, with the Cloud 9 Unusual effect over them.
- The crocodiles that swim underneath the control point each wear a team-colored Sydney Straw Boat.
- When touching the resupply locker, sometimes a yellow skeleton appears and utters a Boo!, though it does not put the player into a scared state.
Robotic fortune teller (Merasmus)
Broken HHH animatronic under RED spawn