When activated through the taunts menu, the character pulls out a v-shaped black guitar with team-colored decals and plays a quick metal riff. This act is accompanied with pyrotechnics and spotlights, finishing off with a lightning strike.
- The Shred Alert was added to the game.
- Fixed not hearing the sound for the Shred Alert taunt while playing Mann Vs. Machine.
- Fixed players spamming the Shred Alert taunt in spawn rooms by changing their loadout presets.
- Removed the promo restrictions from the Shred Alert.
- Updated some of the animations for the Shred Alert taunt.
- [Undocumented] Updated the backpack icon.
- Updated the description.
- The Shred Alert has an unused kill icon in the game files, implying it was intended to be a taunt attack.
- The particle name for the Shred Alert is named as "bl_killtaunt.pcf" (Brütal Legend Kill Taunt), as well all of the particle effects found inside the pcf.
- Taunting while using the Sandman or Wrap Assassin will cause the ball/bauble to disappear in client view.
- As with most other taunts, performing the Shred Alert and being knocked into the air will cancel the taunt, but not its animation. However, it will also leave the taunt's particle effects at the place the taunt was initially performed.
- This will also occur if the player is killed during the taunt animation.
- Taunting as a Demoman while using the Ullapool Caber will taunt with the Ullapool Caber instead of the guitar.
- The guitar may be colored incorrectly when used with certain weapons.
- Entering on a teleporter while initiating the Shred Alert when the player is about to be teleported will cause the weapon FOV to change. This can be fixed by switching classes or dying.
- When using this taunt as the Spy, once the taunt is finished the Spy will go back into the "civilian" pose instead of a weapon pose.
- The taunt is not audible when previewed in the Loadout Menu.
- The taunt's name is a play on the words "red alert", a term which indicates the highest level of alert in military or civil defense, and guitar shredding, a lead guitar solo playing style.
- The description refers to Yngwie Malmsteen, a Swedish guitarist who has been playing neo-classical style heavy metal music since the 1980's.
- The bump map for this item contains two hidden Engineer class emblems.