The Spiral Sallet (/'spaɪræl/ /'sælɪt/ speye-ral sal-it) is a promotional cosmetic item for all classes. It is a medieval knight's sallet war helmet decorated with team-colored paint and a fluffy plume. When worn by the Demoman and Heavy, the hat's bevor is removed.
The Spiral Sallet is awarded to players who complete the Spiral Knights achievement Mission Accomplished.
Reach the first Clockworks Terminal.
- The Spiral Sallet was added to the game.
- Updated the Spiral Sallet to be equippable by all classes.
- Fixed the Spiral Sallet not being able to be used in the Rebuild Headgear recipe.
- Even if launched through Steam, the player will only receive Steam achievements (and therefore this hat) if logged in using Steam as opposed to a Spiral Knights account or Sega Pass account.
- The description refers to knights in chess, which move by "jumping" over other pieces in an L formation.
- The Spiral Sallet is named after the eponymous hat from Spiral Knights, though it bears more resemblance to the Mighty Cobalt Helm.
- Owning Team Fortress 2 and completing the tutorial grants a Spiral Knights in-game message from Saxton Hale, and upon completing the Mission Accomplished achievement, a complimentary message from Mr. Reddy.
- A sallet has a very pronounced neck plate at the back, and very rarely features a hinged visor. The Spiral Sallet more closely resembles a bascinet style helmet.
- The RED color scheme resembles the "Heavy" color scheme in Spiral Knights.