The Distinguished Rogue is a community-created promotional cosmetic item for the Spy. It adds wide gold-trimmed lapels and a Mandarin collar to the Spy's suit coat. It also replaces the turn-down collar on his dress shirt with a tunic collar and adds a team-colored waistcoat. The rest of the suit is additionally edged with gold trim.
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who purchased the Total War Master Collection or owned or purchased Medieval II: Total War, Empire: Total War or Total War Battles: SHOGUN on Steam before October 1, 2012. It was also awarded in Genuine quality to players who purchased Medieval II: Total War from the Yogscast Jingle Jam 2015 Charity Bundle.
- The Distinguished Rogue was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] The Distinguished Rogue is now tradable and added to the Mann Co Store.
- [Undocumented] Updated The Distinguished Rogue backpack icon.
- The Foppish Physician and the Distinguished Rogue are now paintable and are team-colored by default.
- Updated the equip_region for the Distinguished Rogue.
- This outfit is based primarily on the tailcoat of the uniform of late 18th century French military.
- This item was originally offered with purchase of Empire: Total War, but was quickly replaced by the Stovepipe Sniper Shako. It later became available with purchase of Medieval II: Total War.
- The Foppish Physician and this item were originally submitted as one multi-class item (intended to be distributed with Empire: Total War). 
- Several users who received the Genuine quality versions of the Distinguished Rogue and Foppish Physician, also received duplicates of both items.
- The Distinguished Rogue and the Foppish Physician use the same texture file.
Promotional image featuring the Distinguished Rogue and the Foppish Physician.
- Foppish Physician
- Freedom Staff
- K-9 Mane
- King of Scotland Cape
- Stovepipe Sniper Shako
- Total War Master Collection