This weapon functions identically to the Boston Basher.
Damage and function times
See also: Damage
Identical to: Boston Basher
|Damage and function times|
|Ranged or Melee damage?||Melee|
|Self-damage||18 + |
|Attack interval||0.5 s|
|Bleeding duration||5 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
See also: Crafting
|Class Token - Scout||Slot Token - Melee||Scrap Metal|
- [Undocumented] The Three-Rune Blade was added to the game.
- Fixed the Three-Rune Blade crashing a server when equipped.
May 15, 2011 Patch
- Added community contributed response rules to the Three-Rune Blade.
- Updated the Three-Rune Blade's kill icon; the weapon now faces the victim.
- Added missing forces for Three-Rune Blade.
- The user receives no self-damage and self-bleed on miss if the weapon is swung while very close to an enemy.
- When a player swings a melee weapon, the game saves a list of living enemy players that are within a radius of 57.6 units. When the melee attack misses, the game loops through the list to check if any of the players are still alive. If none of them are, then the attack is considered a "clean miss". A clean miss with the Three-Rune Blade applies self-damage to the user.
- The intended behaviour, according to developer comments, was to prevent the user from being punished if a swing misses because the intended target was killed by a teammate by looking for potential targets at the start of the swing and checking if all of them are dead by the end of the swing. However, the game actually checks if the potential targets are alive instead of if they're dead.
// Remember if there are potential targets when we start our swing. // If there are, the player is exempt from taking "hurt self on miss" damage // if ALL of these players have died when our swing has finished, and we didn't hit. // This guards against me performing a "good" swing and being punished by a friend // killing my target "out from under me".
// if ALL of my potential targets have been killed by someone else between the // time I started my swing and the time my swing would have landed, don't // punish me for it.