— The Medic
The Geisha Boy is a community-created promotional cosmetic item for the Medic. It is the haircut of a traditional Japanese Geisha with team-colored flowers and wrap.
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who pre-purchased Total War: SHOGUN 2 on Steam before March 15, 2011.
March 10, 2011 Patch (Shogun Pack)
- The Geisha Boy was added to the game.
- Fixed the Geisha Boy not being grayed out when paint is being used.
- The Geisha Boy was made tradable.
- The Geisha Boy was re-positioned on wearers' heads.
- This item is named after the 1958 Jerry Lewis film The Geisha Boy.
- The hairstyle used for the hat is Momoware, a style typically worn by Maiko, or second-stage trainee geisha.
- The haiku in the description is a parody of one by Matsuo Bashō, a famous poet of Japan's Edo period:
an ancient pond
a frog jumps in
the splash of water
Concept art for the Geisha Boy and Samur-Eye.