— The Scout
The Grand Slam, also known as Home Run, is a kill taunt that activates upon taunting with the Sandman or Atomizer equipped. The Scout points to the sky, winds up, and swings the bat, instantly killing any enemy too slow, unaware, or simply unfortunate enough to be in range.
The Grand Slam is capable of casting a victim's ragdoll a considerable distance away. Although the entirety of the wind-up is silent, a sound effect of a crowd cheering plays upon a successful hit. The kill area of the taunt is relatively small, allowing enemies time to jump away from the taunt and avoid death.
- The range at which the taunt kills is 48 Hammer units, past which it has no effect. If multiple enemies are within this range, they all take damage.
- The Grand Slam taunt deals bullet type damage, meaning that it can be countered by items like the Vaccinator and Fists of Steel.
As with most kill taunts, this taunt can also be used to kill enemy players during humiliation and stalemates.
Damage and function times
See also: Damage
|Damage and function times|
|Point blank||Sandman: 500|
|Taunt duration||5.3 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
February 24, 2009 Patch (Scout Update)
- The Grand Slam taunt was added to the game.
- Fixed the BONK! particles appearing in the air when the bat's taunt kill is used on a target.
- [Undocumented] The Scout no longer speaks during the duration of the taunt.
- [Undocumented] Assigned the Grand Slam taunt to the Atomizer.
- The point at which the Scout points to the sky during the taunt is a reference to Babe Ruth's called shot, in which US baseball player Babe Ruth made a pointing gesture before hitting a home run in the 1932 World Series.