The Grand Slam, also known as Home Run, is a kill taunt that activates upon taunting with the Sandman or Atomizer equipped. The Scout points to the sky, winds up, and swings the bat, instantly killing any enemy too slow, unaware, or simply unfortunate enough to be in range.
This Grand Slam taunt kill is capable of casting the victim's ragdoll a considerable distance away. Although the entirety of the wind-up is silent, a successful hit will result in the cheers of an invisible crowd. The kill area of the taunt is relatively low, allowing enemies to jump away from the taunt and avoid death.
- The range at which the taunt will kill is 48 Hammer Units, past which it has no effect. If multiple enemies are within this range, they will all take damage.
- The Grand Slam taunt deals bullet type damage, meaning that it can be countered by such items as the Vaccinator and Fists of Steel.
As with most kill taunts, this taunt can be used to kill enemy players during humiliation and stalemates.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times
| Medium range
| Long range
||5.3 s 
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
||Out of the Park|
Bat an enemy 25 meters.
February 24, 2009 Patch (Scout Update)
- The Grand Slam taunt was added to the game.
February 25, 2009 Patch
- Fixed the BONK! particles appearing in the air when the bat's taunt kill is used on a target.
- [Undocumented] The Scout no longer speaks during the duration of the taunt.
July 1, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] Assigned the Grand Slam taunt to the Atomizer.
- The point at which the Scout points to the sky during the taunt is a reference to Babe Ruth's called shot, in which the aforementioned US baseball player made a pointing gesture before hitting a home run.
, Conscientious Objector
, Freedom Staff
, Bat Outta Hell
, Memory Maker
, Ham Shank
, Golden Frying Pan
, Necro Smasher
, Crossing Guard
, Prinny Machete
) · Sandman · Holy Mackerel
) · Boston Basher
) · Candy Cane · Sun-on-a-Stick · Fan O'War · Atomizer · Wrap Assassin