Flight of the Monarch
Hehey. I'm flyin!
— The Scout
The Flight of the Monarch is a community-created cosmetic item for the Scout. It is a pair of team-colored butterfly shaped cardboard wings, pinned together on the Scout's back.
The Flight of the Monarch was later contributed to the Steam Workshop, at Valve's request.
December 20, 2012 Patch #1 (Mecha Update)
- The Flight of the Monarch was added to the game.
- The Flight of the Monarch is worn by Jumping Sandman Scouts and Giant Jumping Sandman Scouts in Mann vs. Machine.
- The item's name is a reference to The Monarch, one of the biggest villains on The Venture Bros., who uses a butterfly motif. "The Flight of the Monarch" is the name of a tell-all book written about him by one of his henchmen.
- This item is also similar to the wings worn by The Fluttering Horde.
- The description references the band Wings, started by Paul McCartney after the breakup of The Beatles.