I'm going to saw through your bones!
— The Medic
The Uberslice, also known as Spinal Tap, is a kill taunt that activates upon taunting by pressing alt-fire (default key: MOUSE2), or taunt button (default key: G) with the Ubersaw active. The Medic throws his coattails back and enters a combat pose before thrusting his Ubersaw forward and retracting it, killing any enemy player slow, unaware, or simply unfortunate enough to be in the way. Only a single enemy can be affected by this taunt at a time, even if multiple enemies stand in the same spot.
The initial thrust will stun the victim and deal 1 damage, while the retraction deals 500 damage. As the two are separate actions, it is possible to succeed with one but fail with the other depending on whether the enemy is within range or if the Medic is interrupted. Upon a successful kill, the Medic is granted 100% ÜberCharge, (25% from the initial thrust, 75% from the exit) the equivalent of four normal hits with the Ubersaw. However, if the target is a disguised Spy or under the effect of an ÜberCharge, the thrust will stun but provide no Über, and the retraction will grant 50% Über. The range at which the taunt will kill is 128 Hammer Units, past which it has no effect.
As with most kill taunts, this taunt can be used to kill enemy players during humiliation and stalemates.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Ranged or Melee damage?||Melee|
|Point blank||1 + 500|
|Mini-crit||1 + 675|
|Taunt duration||4.3 s |
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
- The original Ubersaw taunt (similar to the Bonesaw albeit with a harsher, more cello-like sound) is replaced with this taunt.
April 14, 2011 Patch (Hatless Update)
- [Undocumented] A successful Uberslice kill now fills the Medic's ÜberCharge 100%, unless the target is under the effect of an ÜberCharge where it will still fill by 50%.
May 5, 2011 Patch (Replay Update)
- [Undocumented] Added a voice response for the Uberslice.
- Fixed the Ubersaw taunt attack using the incorrect deathnotice image.
- The Uberslice taunt may occasionally stab the player behind the Medic instead of the player in front.