| Basic information
| Map type
|| Capture the Flag
| File name:
| Map Info
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×2 • ×4
| Ammo Boxes:
| Map Photos
| Map Overview
| Map Stamp
| Supporters Leaderboard
A CTF map inside a large industrial compound. It's clean and straightforward, making it easy to learn, but its well balanced layout ensures there are still a wide variety of strategic choices for teams to make, and for individual classes to shine.
Turbine is an official Capture the Flag map. It was released with the Pyro Update. Turbine and Fastlane became the first community created maps to be added to Team Fortress 2 by Valve as official maps due to their outstanding quality.
- Turbine Room: The main area that links RED and BLU bases. It is a large room with three turbines in the middle, and a shipping container on either side. Two staircases near the base exits lead up to a balcony spanning the width of the opposite side of the room, leading to the other team's vents. To the side of the base exits is the main hallway, leading to the Intelligence room. The containers and turbines provide good cover for players, even from people standing on the balconies.
- Alcove: A small alcove at the foot of each staircase contains a medium Health pack.
- Balcony: A balcony that spans the width of the room connects each team's vents to the Turbine Room. Most of the floor of the room can be seen from the balconies, making them an ideal location for Snipers.
- Balcony Observation Room: A small windowed, doorless room lies at the center of the balcony. It opens on both sides to the rest of the balcony. The room provides some cover from players attacking from the floor of the Turbine Room. The outside of the room can be used to place sticky traps.
- Intelligence Room: The Intelligence room is a rectangular room with railings partially bordering the lower area. The Intelligence is located in the corner of the room.
- Entrances: There are three entrances to the Intelligence room.
- A set of stairs leads down from spawn to the Intelligence room.
- Players can drop through a hole in the ceiling, connecting from the vent system.
- Two large entrances connect to the main hallway that connects to the Turbine Room.
- Main Hallway: A hallway connects the Turbine Room to the Intelligence room. The hallway makes two right-angle turns, providing some cover for players and the opportunity to set up sticky traps and sentry nests.
- Raised Platform: There is a raised platform along the corridor that leads directly into the Intelligence room with a medium health pack. The platform is too high to jump on top of normally, being accessible by either crouch-jumping, explosive jumping or using a jump-boosting weapon. For other classes, there is a small cart next to the platform you can crouch-jump on in order to get on top, but the cart is located right next to the entrances to the Intelligence room, making platform access dangerous for enemy players.
Resupply and Vents
- Resupply Area: The resupply room is L-shaped, and the hallway it leads out to is L-shaped as well. One end of the hallway leads to a staircase that descends to the Turbine Room, and the other end of the hallway leads to a staircase that descends to the Intelligence room.
- Vent Access: The vent system can be reached at the top of the stairs leading to the Turbine Room.
- Vents: Small vent tunnels provide passages from the Turbine Room to the resupply areas and to the Intelligence room through a hole in the ceiling of the room. The Vents are broken into two sections, joining at the Resupply Area entrance.
Overhead view of Turbine room and RED base
Billboard outside Turbine room
- Certain props on the map are not solid and can be walked through.