Why don't we just give up, pardner?
— The Spy to the Engineer
The Homewrecker is a community-made melee weapon for the Pyro. It is a large, two-handed sledgehammer.
When wielded, this weapon deals double damage to enemy buildings. Its damage is capable of destroying a Mini-Sentry in one hit, and any other unattended building in two. The Homewrecker is also able to destroy an Sapper attached to a friendly building with a single swing. Unlike the Engineer's melee weapons, the Homewrecker cannot repair damaged buildings. Additionally, the Homewrecker will deal 25% less damage to enemies.
The kill icon for the Homewrecker was contributed by NeoDement.
Damage and function times
| Damage and function times
| Base damage
| Point blank
| Function times
| Attack interval
|| 0.8 s
| Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
As a crafting ingredient
Kill 6 people with your axe in one life.
Kill 3 people with your axe in one life.
March 18, 2010 Patch
(First Community Contribution Update
- The Homewrecker was added to the game.
May 7, 2010 Patch
- The Homewrecker now damages enemy Sappers on friendly buildings.
May 12, 2010 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added crafting blueprint for this weapon.
May 27, 2010 Patch
November 19, 2010 Patch
- [Undocumented] The Homewrecker is now capable of removing Electro Sappers from both ends of a Teleporter with a single swing.
December 21, 2010 Patch
- [Undocumented] The weapon was added in the crafting blueprint for the Claidheamh Mòr.
February 14, 2011 Patch
- Fixed melee attacks not destroying remote detonation pipes (Stickybombs).
March 15, 2011 Patch
- The crafting cost of the weapon was changed from an Eyelander and a Equalizer to 1 Scrap Metal and a Equalizer.
June 23, 2011 Patch (Über Update)
- [Undocumented] This weapon was added to the crafting blueprint for the Family Business.
August 3, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Fixed the Homewrecker not destroying Red-Tape Recorder Sappers in one hit.
- While the Homewrecker was submitted with the name "Sledgehammer", the Homewrecker's original skin name was Mr Sledge, and was available as a skin for the Axtinguisher.
- The Pyro achievement Arsonist can be earned by destroying enemy Sappers.