Upon taunting with the Frontier Justice equipped, the Engineer pulls out his trusty guitar, plays a chord, and then bashes it over the head of any enemy slow, unaware, or unfortunate enough to be in his way.
Upon a successful hit, the enemy's head will appear to be pounded into their chest. This dischord taunt has a wide range, making it capable of killing an enemy standing on the Engineer's head at the time. The range, however, does not extend below as it will not kill an enemy the Engineer is standing on.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Taunt duration||4 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
- The taunt was added to the game.
- During the Scream Fortress event, when attempting to perform the Dischord taunt but instead performing the Thriller taunt, several guitar gibs would still fall out of the player as soon as he starts the taunt.
- The guitar was first featured in Meet the Engineer, and was seen at the end of Meet the Medic.
- The chord that the Engineer plays before smashing his guitar appears to be Eadd9.
- The three sounds the guitar can make as it breaks were taken from Left 4 Dead 2.
- An unused taunt existed around the time of the Engineer Update where Engineer would pull out his guitar and play it for a while. This taunt was probably replaced by Dischord.