The Ap-Sap is a Sapper replacement for the Spy. It is a flattened Wheatley core, that has voice lines which are activated upon certain circumstances such as deploying a Sapper, death, and more. The eyelid of the Ap-Sap moves as it talks and widens when in range of a sappable building.
This weapon functions exactly the same way as the Sapper.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Base damage||100%||25 / s|
|Recharge time|| |
15 s :
|Building destroy time|| |
6.00 s :
7.20 s :
8.64 s :
4.00 s :
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
- The Ap-Sap was added to the game.
- Fixed the Spy not holding Sappers correctly in third person.
- When an Engineer removes this Sapper from a building, the Ap-Sap may respond as if the building was successfully sapped.
- Upon a feigned death with the Dead Ringer, neither a model is dropped nor a death response is heard by the user or other players.
- The Ap-Sap cannot be renamed using a Name Tag or described using a Description Tag.
- Stephen Merchant reprises his role as the voice of Wheatley for the Ap-Sap.
- The name of the item is a portmanteau of "Aperture" and "Sapper".