| Background 01
| Basic information
| Map type
|| Control Point
| File name:
Ohh, this ain't good.
— The Scout falling out of the map
Background01 is a version of Dustbowl edited to function as a background map. Although this feature is unused in the PC version, it can still be seen in it's intended form by going to the Main Menu and typing
map_background background01 into the Developer Console.
- Since this map was intended to only be used as a background and not to be played on, this map has many odd features.
- Most of the geometry of the map has been removed, leaving only what the camera should see (the final capture point of the third stage)
- Behind the camera, models of all the playable classes, as well as some common entities and props, can be seen unused.
- The models and props/entities have collision enabled.
- The map is incorrectly sealed, allowing players to fall through the gaps.
- Unlike most maps, the skybox and main map are connected. This results in the underside of the main map being visible when looking up.
Camera Angle seen in the Main Menu when typing
map_background background01 into console.
Main Menu when
map_background background01 is put into console.