| Basic information
| Map type
|| Control Point
| File name:
| Map Info
|| Daylight, sunny
Ohh, this ain't good.
— The Scout falling out of the map
Background01 is a version of Dustbowl's Stage 3, Point B edited to function as a background map. Although this feature is unused in the PC version, it can still be seen in its intended form by going into the Developer Console and typing
- Since this map was intended to only be used as a background and not to be played on, it has many odd features.
- Most of the geometry of the map has been removed, leaving only what the camera should see.
- Behind the camera, models of all the playable classes, as well as some common entities and props can be seen, this is used for precaching.
- Unlike most maps, the skybox and main map are connected. This results in the underside of the main map being visible when looking up.
- The camera position differs from the playable map's spectator camera.
Camera Angle seen in Spectator and Main Menu when typing
map background01 into console.
Main Menu when the map is loaded in
Xbox 360 Main Menu when TF2 finishes loading.